You're all going to think i'm mad but....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by MishC, Apr 14, 2009.

1. MishC

MishC Has a little princess!!

I'm getting a puppy in July. It looks like i'm going to be getting a Weimaraner i've just sent an email to the breeders to go and meet them and the dogs before the puppies are born.

Here's a link to the parents page. The mother and father are on the right...
    https://www.champdogs.co.uk/breeder/10865.html

2. aimee-lou

aimee-lou Totally Outnumbered!!

I would love to get a 2nd dog before bubs is here.....but hubby and I have decided against. Would love it though....i'm a real doggy person and I think that our pup may get a little lonely with LO gets here. may drag hubby down to the dogs trust!! :rofl:

3. sezzlebum

sezzlebum Guest

beautiful dogs arent they, ive got a red cocker spaniel shes a smelly cow couldnt cope with another lol

4. cs22

cs22 Mum and ttc# 2

Ive got a Corgi and hes so hyperactive. He loves to be in the back garden all the time, day and night which is fine. He has his kennel out there so i leave him too it. I love him too bits couldnt do without him. Ive had him a year now.

5. MishC

Dogs are amazing i can't wait to get mine. I'm getting a bitch so my parents male Akita doesn't fight with her.

It's going to be so exciting 2 new girls in my life :D

6. Pux

Pux Ryley's Mom

All I can say is: Sleep now, while you can! Because you know that the baby and the puppies schedule will NEVER coincide! ;)

7. LucyEmma

LucyEmma Well-Known Member

my OH wants a dog before baby is born im ok with the idea as i would love a pup but when i told my mum she thought it was the craziest idea ever! firstly because she thinks it will be too much work for me and secondly she doesnt trust dogs and thinks it might hurt baby when he get here. now im in the middle and i dont know what to do :( i do want one but shes scared me a little bit lol x

8. MishC

Haha your right sleep is out of the window but i'll have the added help of my mother. We already have a 18month old Akita living in the house so i'm use to dogs and i'm really good with them. I do think the first 3 month are going to be really hard work but it'll be worth it in the end.

9. Honeypie78

Honeypie78 Well-Known Member

I do think you are crazy!!!

Each to their own though and you obviously think you can handle it so you go girl!

10. overcomer79

overcomer79 LT-TTC success 3.5yrs

Please make sure the puppy has been vaccinated particularly for parvo virus as it can be fatal to your LO.

Good lluck and congrats. Dogs are so awesome. I love mine to death!!

11. Genna

Genna Well-Known Member

Yep, hopefully she'll pick up on potty training like a breeze... I've always had dogs and cats, never been with out one. I got my Beagle puppy just before I found out I was pregnant, She is 8 months now and I love her to death, though she drove me mad the first few months, lol She's great practice though ;) She has me on her own schedule :rofl: I only get some say! She's gonna be great for your LO :D as long as you make sure she get plenty of socialization before your little girl arrives!!

12. baby.love

baby.love Guest

Aww what gorgeous dogs :) I have 2 dogs and wouldnt change them for the world..

13. Tsia

Tsia My MyloMan - he turned 1!

Your not mad- youre just an animal/dog lover like me!
    I have always had three boxers.
    https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/doggies1.jpg

but the middle one died to cancer last year and I still have her son and daughter.

Well before I knew I was preggers.. I mated the daughter (on the left) so I could keep a pup and keep the generations going.

Then found out I was pregnant and people said to me OH NO.. You will have to sell them all now and I was toying with the idea.

But we had a bad time with it.. 6 out of 7 pups in the litter died from a bacteria infection that the vet couldnt fix and I went through so much heart ache as they dropped like flies from being 12hours to 3 weeks old.

I am left with one.. Talullah..

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Talullahbow.jpg

... and everyone says I am mad to have to want to keep her.. bu that was my initial plan.. and we went through so much losing the rest of the litter I just couldnt bare parting with her.

I figure that she will be 6 months nearly by the time baby is here and well into her training!

But all I hear is " oooh 3 bouncey boxers and a baby" mostly from people who dont like animals.
    We also have 3 house rabbits too that I get comments on.
    But whats the harm in having animals? My dogs dont go upstairs or eat off our plates or anything. They are well behaved and well trained.

My kid is likely to grow to be a vet or something! lol

Anyways.. she is 7 weeks old now.. just look at the size difference between her and her uncle George.. Her mum is behind..

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Talullahgeorgetasca.jpg

14. aimee-lou

aimee-lou Totally Outnumbered!!

Aww talulah is gorgeous!

Right, the mind is now made up! lol Not going to get another dog just yet (think the landlord may throw us out!) but 12 months from now when bubs is on good routines etc and provided we are happy, we are going to get another wire fox terrier just like my baby Dylan!!
    <<<<<<<<<<<:happydance::happydance:

15. Rachel_C

Rachel_C Well-Known Member

I don't think you're mad! If we weren't in a flat, I'd be trying to convince hubby to let me get a pooch. I think it's great for young kids to have animals, especially dogs, around. I grew up in a house with cats and dogs and I've never been afraid of them. I feel so sorry for people who are scared of animals and don't know how to act around them. I also think it's a good idea to get a young dog or cat while you have a baby. That way, the dog/cat is trained to be around kids and will grow up being tolerant. When I was born, my mum had a young cat. Sally lived to be 18 and never once even hissed at a child. No cat or dog we've had since has ever been quite so good with young kids.

16. diz

diz Well-Known Member

Definitely not mad!!! hears mine when she was 8 weeks ....... You'll have a great deal of fun with her!!!

Attached Files:

17. lissagayle

lissagayle Well-Known Member

I'm so jealous, we have two dogs now. A 7 year old chihuahua and a 2 year old border collie. We love them like they are our kids. I really want another dog now not sure if its just the hormones making me want something lil in my arms or not. But my OH disagrees and says we have to wait, I'm hoping I can talk him into it. I have always lived around lots of animals the house just feels lonely.

18. HeidiLSparks

HeidiLSparks Mom of 2 & 1 on the way!

You are not mad haha, we just bought our dog Xerox and he is soooo great. A little rowdy at times but soo worth it and these dogs are so good with children so we won't worry. I just fell in love with him when I saw him

Heres baby Z

Attached Files:

19. Vici

Vici Mum to a LTTC princess!!

Go you :D Our springer is about to come into season and we're considering a litter before LO gets here. We'd prob keep one too :D

20. Sureyya

Sureyya Active Member

We got our pug puppy in january....then a week later found out i was pregnant! He is the most adorable little thing ever. He plays outside with his staffy x brother most of the day when one of us is home....so not much trouble at all....he knows exactly how to get our attention but loves his own time too.