Yucky "show" incident

Eelis

Reaction score
Had a bit of a drama on Sunday morning. After a bit of "help the labour along" hanky panky I had a "show" (being the lovely mucus plug from my cervix). I was sort of expecting it sometime soon and had also expected to see some blood etc from my reading up but I was really not expecting THAT much blood, it was pretty scarey at the time. :wacko:

There were a lot more lumps than I thought there should be and a lot of blood when I went for a wee. About 45mins later I went to the loo again and it was like I was having a heavy period. I recon there was a good heavy duty sanny towel worth full of blood and it was all very "new" looking too. I started to panic as I'd read any fresh blood like that should be investigated. I'd certainly not expected to see so much blood like that with a show, just a bit of old gross blood and some clots/mucus from the plug.

So I phoned the hospital and they asked me to go in for a check up. They did my blood pressure then hooked me up to that machine that measures baby heartbeat and contractions for 30mins. I did a wee for them and they did a quick internal look and a swab.

All was fine in the end. The midwife said my cervix is still closed and all looks ok so probably just the plug combined with post coital activity lol. Panic over! I am still shocked at how much blood there was yesterday but reassured now. Probably more reassured now than I had been previously actually because what I'd been attributing to baby at the top of my bump is actually my having Braxton Hicks, I know how they feel for me now whereas I thought it was just the baby before!

Thought I would share incase anyone has a similar concern. The hospital were really good and saw me straight away, took about an hour and came home feeling much better so it was worth calling in as they say you should.

Only problem now is that my OH is traumatised from seeing blood on his appendage and so I think that's all the hanky panky i'll be getting till after the birth :rofl:

wow scarey!!

I have never known of that much blood either.

Glad everything is ok tho :)

xx

Wow, that does sound scary. Do they think that you have helped the labour along at all now that the plug is out?

As I was reading it I was thinking...there goes her sex life! :rofl: Your poor OH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->