Ziplining while pregnant?!

CassieSims

Reaction score
Hi all! Today I am 6+1 days pregnant and I just arrived in Hawaii yesterday! Having already crossed scuba diving, hot tubs, and anything unpasteurized off my list my curiosity is now on ziplining.

I'm going today with my entire family whom I'd rather not include in the joy of this pregnancy, but if I don't go ziplining it's a dead giveaway that I'm pregnant. I really want to go and was wondering if anyone knew if it was safe in the first trimester? I am a fairly curvy woman so there's ample cushioning for my little rainbow, but I'm just not sure.

Anyone know if it's safe?

I'm not an expert, but my guess is that if it's a typical, smooth zipline, you'd be fine. The only thing I might be concerned about is the stop. I know some of the ziplines I've been on have a kind of jarring stop. You might just ask about that on the sly or something. I don't think a jarring stop alone would cause problems, but that's the only thing I can think about that would be a negative. Have fun!

I would call ahead and ask a lot of places won't let you because they don't want the liability if something goes wrong or hell a zip line breaks and you fall. Not to be a Debbie downer but call and ask the company they will tell you if they say you can't just fake a migraine or something so that your family is unaware. Just an idea hope you get to go, I know the one here told me no :(

Yeah I would ring ahead and ask. Saying that one of the women in the feb hearts group did a skydive a couple of weeks ago and she is completely fine :thumbup:

Finally got ahold of my doctor, she said as long as I am sensible about braking and handle my landings carefully, I should be fine.

I'm going ziplining ladies! And so is my little rainbow!

yeah i wouldnt worry about ziplining
i went skydiving at 10+2 (now 11+4) and the fetus is just fine
always hear a strong heartbeat on my doppler at home
the parachute opening and the landing is very smooth actually

Update***

It was FABULOUS!!! I got a little nauseous at one point and it was a little nerve wracking thinking about my little rainbow but overall I'm glad I did it. The views were spectacular, the speed (I got up to 50mph) was exhilarating.

And when I break the news I can tell everyone I went ziplining while pregnant :)

To any mothers-to-be *Who are not showing yet* that are questioning if they should skip ziplining, I say just go for it! I had no pressure on my pelvis at all if anything it was on my thighs and the landings were very smooth, no more violent or jolting than missing a step on the stairs. It gets your heart beating but is pretty harmless.

I'm so glad I did it :)

i knew everything would be just fine!
yeah i didnt get nauseated during skydiving but i got really nauseated about five minutes after it was over and that lasted about 30mins or so but i never threw up
i would recommend skydiving if you have never been and like adrenaline rush and going fast ect
you reach freefall speed of 120MPH but it doesnt feel like you are falling it just feels like you are floating and its not scary just surreal

Going parasailing today, but DH has absolutely vetoed me from attempting it...

It's sweet that he's worried but I feel like a china doll on my own vacation having to check every little activity and food to make sure it's safe.

I know I shouldn't complain, we've been TTC for over two years and finally got out little rainbow... but it's disappointing, I would've loved to have gone parasailing.

awww parasailing would be fine!
it wouldnt be bad at all
silly DH
i would insist on going

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member