Zita West clinic London

RKW

Reaction score
Hi!

Has anybody been? Any advice, stories etc?

I firmly believe I have immune problems so I'm looking to go for tests, consultation £220, tests £895!

Has anybody got any experience here?

Thanks in advance you gorgeous lot!

Hi there. I was doing a London search for something else and this thread came up. I went there when TTC my LO and had quite a positive experience. We'd been referred to an NHS fertility clinic at the same time so didn't get any tests done by them so I'm not sure how that works. We met Zita for an initial consultation, I had 3 months of acupuncture with them and both OH and I had a session each with their nutritionist. I always felt treated well by them except the acupuncturist was running a bit late a couple of times which frustrated me a bit given its quite pricey compared to some acupuncturists. Saying that, I got my BFP after 3 months of acupuncture with them and 3 months of following the advice of the nutritionist so I would really rate them from that point of view so it now feels like it was worth every penny. I also had an HSG with a private hospital the same month I got the BFP, at the start of my cycle - so this may have been a factor too. Hope this is helpful and sending you lots of baby dust. Feel free to PM me if you want to ask me anything else about my experience with the clinic x

Hi,
Thanks so much, that's great to hear. I'm currently having acu with a zita affiliated practitioner, and unsure as to how they differ from the acupuncture at the clinic.
After much stressing today we decided to keep trying as we are for the next 6 months, ( acupunture) and if we do not get pregnant by our wedding (December) then we will go to Zita West and have the tests done.
I think I am drawn to there as I have read the book, and they seem to be one of the few places to take immunology seriously. My go actually laughed and said it was hocus pocus. I felt like saying "people probably would have said that about ivf if you mentioned it 60 years ago". But I didnt I just went home and cried :-(

Thanks so much for your reply, and lovely to see you got your baby xxx

What a mean GP! I think there's so much to be said for doing anything that gives you a bit more hope or relieves a tiny bit of pressure. One of the things I loved about going to the zita west clinic was seeing all the lovely photos of babies all over the walls. It really inspired me and gave us hope. Sounds like a great plan to try till December then go back to the clinic otherwise. Good luck and hang on in there! Xx

Thank you, great to hear from you. Given me a little more hope and inspiration xxx

How long have you been TTC? I remember only so well how tough it was, particularly after the 12 month mark and so many people around me getting pregnant so easily x

We have been trying 18 months. It's been a tough week at we have had 4 announcements of people who will be 8-9 months pregnant at our wedding. Very happy for all of them but it will be a strange day full of big baby bumps.

I have pink spotting about 4-5 days after ovulation, but only on months we can do the deed, and never at any other point. We paused TTC for 2 moths so I was not a massive bride, and nothing then. I believe it is implantation bleeding that is then failing for some reason. Just desperate to et to the bottom of it.

I am keeping my mind open to other options though 'y acupuncturist is hopeful increasing blood flow to my uterus will help the egg implant, and we may have been unlucky with the eggs that fertilised being chromosonally imperfect therefore not implanting correctly. On each month I have had this bleed I then am late by 2-3 days but never get a bfp.

Keeping all my fingers crossed!

Thanks so much for you reply, gives me such hope to see your lovely pic of your baby x

18 months must feel like a long time and how frustrating to get these bleeds every month. I had strange cramping every month about 8dpo and kept thinking I was pregnant. Until I had the HSG and then I got my BFP with my lovely daughter. I think I had some sort of blockage maybe. Have you had an HSG or any fertility tests? Also, I'm on another thread with some London girls if you want to join us. It goes through quiet times then more active times. There's 4 of us who've been on there for a couple of years or so. 2 now have babies and the other 2 have been TTC for 18 months or more and are going through tests and treatment etc, although one is taking a break after failed ivf. I think it's under TTC buddies or you could search through my recent other posts. It's Looking for London TTC buddies. These girls saved my sanity when I was having difficulties conceiving and they're a great bunch so feel free to come hang out with us if you like xx

Ps glad to give you hope. I really thought it wasn't going to happen for us and not a day goes by where I'm not grateful for our precious baby daughter. It makes it all so worth it. Also, I'm 39 and had really started to think. I'd left it too late!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->