Zoey Patricia Elizabeth is here!! :)

ksilme

Reaction score
Well, Zoey is having daddy cuddles right now so 12 days after the birth, I decided to do my birth story :)
Firstly, by my dates and a 7 week private scan my due date was the 14th Feb, but the 12 week scan changed the EDD to the 12th, she was born on the 14th at 8.35am so 2 days late or on time, depending on which date :)

My 17 year old sister had gone to London on a college trip on the 11th and was due back on the 13th, and she was adamant that Zoey was not allowed to come whilst she was away and we all expected, simply because it would be typical, for her to arrive whilst she was away. I had also said I didn't want her to come on the 14th or 15th - 14th because of valentines and it is my dads birthday and the 15th because it is my evil, horrid grandads birthday. Anyways, I picked up my sister from the train station on the 13th at 5-30-6pm, she greeted me by bending down to my bump and telling Zoey she was a good girl for not coming, and now she was allowed to come. My husband worked his last shift on that night, and got home at about 9pm. I had gone to bed at 8pm due to feeling very heavy and uncomfortable. I got up at 10 to say goodnight to hubby and have a cuddle before I went to sleep. However, as I stood up, I started leaking! I thought to myself, I was sure I didn't need a wee!! lol I ran to the loo, and did not stop leaking, so I put a pad on, and went into hubby crying saying I think my waters have gone or I have just wet the bed lol. I rang my mum and asked if it sounded like it, I still wasn't convinced. She said ring the on call midwife and see what they say. So I rang and she said it definitely sounded like waters :) and to just keep an eye on the colour, wait for contractions and get some sleep and phone back at 9am if nothing has happened.
So I went upstairs again, after leaking ALOT more whilst on the phone. I rang my mum back and said it was waters, so her and my dad came to swap cars (I drive manual, mum only drives auto and dad needs car for work, so he had my car so she could drive me to and from hospital as needed). So I went and had a nice warm shower before bed, but the contractions started in the shower, at about 10.45pm. They were 5-6 minutes apart straight away, although I tried to go to bed, and they went to 10 mins apart, but they were hurting more when lying down, so got up again. I text my mum and she asked if I wanted her to come over so she was here, she was convinced I was going to have a quick labour, because she did.
By the time she got here 10 mins later, the contractions were 4-5 mins apart and lasting a good 1-1.5 mins a time. so we rang the hospital, and they said I can go in but they will probably die off again and to wait it out. my mum took the phone during a contraction, and agreed that if they carried on like they were for the next half hour, we were coming in. half hour later, they were still coming thick and fast so we started making our way in. We pulled up at the hospital, and my mum was running around trying to find the parking meter, and hubby decided to tell me in the middle of a contraction, that he was in the middle of a poker tournament when my mum said we were going to the hospital and if he could have waited another 20 minutes he would have won £400 and the top prize could have been £5000, I swiftly told him what I thought of that and he wisely took the hint to shut up lol.
So, we go in and I am examined and I am only 2cm :( quite disheartened. Midwife said I can stay if I wanted but mum and hubby wouldn't be able to stay with me so suggested I went home again. So by 3am we are home again! tried to take paracetamol, which I gagged on and couldn't swallow, so my darling husband offered me a lemsip!!! to which me and my mum couldn't, and still can't, stop laughing at, in his defense, it clearly does say contains paracetamol on the packet lol. The contractions are now getting ridiculous and I feel a bit like I need a poo (sorry!) by 3.30am, my mum announces we ahould be going back to the hospital as I am now in agony and saying I can't cope.
4am and we are back, and 3cm :( I get given gas and air, I originally wanted no pain relief at all :( I HATE g&a it is vile and made me feel dizzy and horrible, so I threw it back and carried on rocking whilst standing leaning against the bed, which was the only way I could get vaguely comfy. I was offered pethadine, which I cried about because I wanted nothing. I agreed though as couldn't deal with the pain, it was all in my back too :( I was told in 15 minutes or so, it would work and I would feel alot better, wrong!! It didn't take ANY of the pain away, just made me feel a little sleepy.
I was examined again and was still only 4cm :( so because of the extent of the pain, I very very reluctantly agreed to an epi, which I could not stop crying about, as I really really did not want it, but my logic was, I can't cope now at 4cm, how the hell am I going to in the later stages :( midwife went off saying she would get it sorted. 10 mins later, I need to push, my mum goes and tells midwife who refuses to examine me again, and said I didn't need to push as was only 4cm 10 mins ago. I said to mum, maybe I am just constipated so went to the toilet, I thought I was in there for 10 mins, apparently I was in there for over an hour :/ but every time I stood up, I needed to sit down and push again :( the midwife still didn't believe me, despite coming in and seeing me pushing, as I couldn't stop myself, even though I knew I shouldn't be pushing.
eventually, my mum forced me out of the toilet lol, I remember feeling very very annoyed with her and especially with the midwife for not believing me. No sooner as I was back in the room with my very worried hubby, they were taking me to delivery suite. I can't remember getting upstairs, but I can remember going into the suite, and my saying oh look, you even have your own 'en suite' and I ran back into the toilet lol
came back out quickly though.
the new midwife, strangely enough, called Zoe!! came in, and my mum said that I wanted to push, so I informed them, I don't 'want' to push, I AM pushing. I remember my mum picking my dress up and checking her head wasn't out lol. Zoe agreed to examine me and I was right, I needed to push because I was fully dilated and her head was there. Then I zoned out and the next thing I remember is my mum saying Zoey had hair :) apparently, hubby got told to push a button for someone to bring in all the equipment, and she didn't have time to put me on the monitor, so every 5 minutes or so, she would check baby's heartbeat. It was fine the first 2 times, but the third time, I noticed it sounded too slow, and she said she was getting tired, so I pushed as hard as I possibly could, hearing her heart so slow gave me more strength I think.
So at 8.35am after 25 minutes of pushing, Baby Zoey entered this world :) she was a little floppy and didn't cry, although her heart was fine, but it turned out there was meconium in the waters behind her. and in the end she did get taken to the resussitaires :( while she was gone, with my mum, another midwife came and delivered the placenta.
Zoey was then back and looking much heathier :)
I had a bit of a bleed but nothing major.
and we were discharged 6 hours after birth

the worrying part is after she was here, I was feeding her and the midwife came back in and said she had checked the placenta and everything looked good, but that Zoey was very lucky...?! Apparently, her cord had a true knot in it, so if that had pulled any tighter, she wouldn't be here now :( x

View attachment 738163

View attachment 738167

Congratulations on your little girl! That was so scary about the cord, I'm so glad she arrived safely :hugs:

Congrats! So glad you both had a safe delivery after all of that!

Congratulations! It's great you had your drug free birth like you wanted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->