Zofran, irregular PAP test, and depression...OH MY!

BoobsMcGee22

Reaction score
So I got a call from my doctor's office last night. My PAP test came back with something irregular. My doctor thinks I may have an underlying infection and next Monday I have to go in for a culture. I don't know what this means for my pregnancy.

In addition, he put me on Zofran for my nausea. I have been almost unable to eat anything until taking it. It doesn't take away the nausea completely, but it's an improvement. I was having the spins before this medicine. Like a bad night of drinking, but alllllll daaaaaay. Terrible. The bad thing is I think it made my constipation worse. :(

My depression also seems to be worse. I am still taking my meds, but I feel really down lately. Not seeing anything but the yolk sack on my scan made it feel worse. Maybe on the 22nd we will get another scan with better results?

How are you all feeling?

With my last pregnancy, I had an irregular Pap result at the beginning as well. My doc wanted to hold off on doing another test until after the pregnancy and said that sometimes some of those irregular cells slough off during birth. I had a repeat Pap a couple months after birth and much to my surprise, everything came back normal. I hope everything works out for you. Best of luck!

When you went and had your ultra sound, was it done in your doctor's office? From what I remember on another post you were just over 6 weeks?

I was just wondering because when I went for mine at 6 weeks 3 days my doctor's office wouldn't even attempt an ultra sound because the machines they have in the office aren't nearly as nice. They sent me to the completely separate radiology department with much more high tech machines. Baby still looked like a fuzzy blob ;) I'm positive your ultra sound on the 22nd will show you more...and it will be good news!

Ugh Boobs, I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

If it's any consolation, you're not the only one - my nausea and anxiety are both increasing by the day (I came off my meds a couple of weeks ago, and now regretting).

I'm definitely not enjoying pregnancy at the moment, so I'm really glad I'm not alone (even though I'm sorry that you're not well, if that makes sense?!)

Sorry boobs your so down. You were the one that had an external scan right? Pointless. They should know better. Literally u need a transvaginal ultrasound even when u go back on the 22nd. Until 12 weeks that's really the way to go hun.

I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well! May I ask what meds you take? I take Wellbutrin for depression and I have been slowly weaning myself off them, but I'm scared of being off them completely. I am currently 6 weeks and 4 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->