Zofran

prettymachine

Reaction score
I was finally given Zofran today... I have taken one, but don't feel much of a difference yet. I was also diagnosed with a Sinus infection and given antibiotics, so all that feeling like crap may be affecting the better I could feel from the Zofran.

To people that take Zofran, did you have to get through a few doses for it to kick in?

Nope you should feel it on one dose. I started on 4 mg and it just made the nausea a little better but still couldnt eat really. A few days later I decided to take 8 mg and it actually took the nausea away enough to eat. When I talked to my midwife I asked her to up the dose to 8mg every 8 hours. When are you taking it? She didnt give me the dissolving tabs so I set my alarm for about 30 minutes before I get up and take it then go back to sleep. Feel free to PM me I have had awful nausea and have lost about 15 lbs! Hope the zofran works!

i took it when they first gave it to me, about 4 in the afternoon yesterday... i felt ill for a bit, then I was HUNGRY and of course i was out grocery shopping and couldnt get anything to eat so by the time i got home i was nauseated again...probably from not eating.

this morning i woke up around half hour to an hour before i needed to(i really had to pee! lol) and took one... so far i feel less nauseated. i ususally wake up on and off for an hour before its time to get up so i have decided thats when i will take the zofran. if it doesnt seem to be helping i have an appt in about 10 days i will see if they can up it.

I took half a dose a few weeks ago - I have taken it once before (outside of pregancy) - and it usually kicks in pretty darn quickly! Life saver. :)

The first time I took it I felt it in minutes...it worked like a miracle before. Now it doesn't work so well for me...it was a lifesaver and made me feel human again for awhile...now its doesn't do much. But when it was working I felt the effects in just minutes.

i have read where it stops working for some people...i REALLY hope it doesnt happen to me. i know my neice takes it after her chemo and i think it works fairly well for her. i dont like how much the morning sickness was affecting my job and i hope that the zofran will help me ride out the rest of this morning sickness phase!

I had this at the hospital but it was pumped into my vein so I felt the effects pretty much straight away sorry xx

Its a true lifesaver. You should feel better within minutes. You may need 8mg though. 4 never helped me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->