Zoloft while TTC?

AmyLouise89

Reaction score
Is anyone else on zoloft (50mg) while ttc? I'm on it for my anxiety & not sure if it will hurt to keep taking it til I get pregnant & see a dr?

When I got pregnant I was advised to stop taking my meds. It has a huge shock on my body and I ended up losing the baby (not sure if that was why, though). I would ask a doctor for advice. I know anxiety is rough and hard to deal with :hugs:

I suffer from anxiety as well. I used to take zoloft, but my body didn't respond well to that so i switched to Celexa. But i know i was supposed to stop taking it when i started TTC. So i would think taking Zoloft while TTC won't be a good idea. But i would ask your Dr. too.

Good Luck!

I used to take sertraline 50mg which i think is the uk brand name for Zoloft! My Dr told me to keep taking it untill i become pg and then stop. Suddenly stopping them worried me as the side effects are horrible. I can only find the effects of fertility on men and as yet not women. i've read that sertraline can cause withdrawal symptoms in the last trimester!

i think i might have too start taking it again as i can't sleep any my anxity levels are high.

I am not sure. I use to take zoloft but I stopped last year, I am taking celexa, I think you need to talk to your dr. I really dont know. I was told with my second child that taking celexa was ok but that was 10 years ago. For me tho, when I stop taking my brain just does not shut off, constant worry and crying, I think in the end it would be better for me to be on something than not.

I know there are others on here that are on Celexa.... maybe someone will have some answers for you!

You should NEVER suddenly stop taking any medication like that, whether you're TTC or not. Suddenly stopping can cause HORRIBLE side effects to your mind and body...I'm talking scary stuff. If it's that bad to suddenly stop when you're NOT pregnant, I can imagine it's only worse if you are. I can't believe your doctor gave you the okay to stop them completely without even weening off first :nope: IMO that's why it's safer to ween off while or before TTC so that way when you do become pregnant they would have already been phased out and out of your system.

When i stopped taking Celexa i had to ween myself off... Which i think should be done with any anti-depressant?

You shouldn't stop "Cold Turkey!" That's what my Doc told me.

I used to be on zoloft.
I believe it i safe to take until the end of your second trimester. Google it to confirm as ive been on an abundance of different meds.

Just to clarify - it was my doctor who said it was safe.
And the reason you have to stop is your baby can go through withdrawls when it is born if you take it during 3rd tri.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->