Zzzzzzz!!!!!

welshcakes79

TTC + mum to Reebs
Reaction score
am i the only one not sleeping when their baby is and suffering for it? everyone keeps saying "you go to bed we'll have her" but in-between steralizing bottles, making feeds, changing nappies winding and washing i dont want anyone having her coz i know it sounds selfish but i dont want her to bond with anyone else before bonding with me, so now im dead on my feet and struggling to cope with 2hrs sleep a day between 11pm and 1am when her daddy has her for me ( the only other person im willing for her to bond with!!) am i the only one feeling this way???

i know how you feel thats not selfish i felt that way to start with think its just a mum thing but you do need to sleep when she does or you'll get ran down and thats the last thing you want and just remember nobody will ever have the bond with her that you will.

i feel the same i dont want to let anybody have her incase she likes them better LOL but i plan on going to sleep when she does but by the time shes finally settled my mind starts to wonder what jobs need doing lol! i mean every1 has been saying to me how good she is sleeping for 4/5 hours but she doesnt really when i think about it because she wakes up it takes an hour to feed change wind and re-settle her or sometimes more than an hour and then she sleeps for about 3 hours but it takes me a good half hour to drop back off so really im getting 2-2 1/2 hours sleep max between feeds x

oh pheeww somwone else who knows how i feel, Rhiannon is the same sleeps from feed to feed, yet like you say about lilly by the time you've warmed the bottle fed them winded them changed them and settled them there's a good 3/4 of an hour to an hour gone, then you got to put the wipes and mat away, bin the nappy rinse the bottle (maybe steralise some more) then when you finally sit down you got people calling or clothes to wash and trying to eat something myself...lol i forgotten what food is im surviving on coffee and biscuits...then people are teling me to sleep when she does..HAHA when????

how is Lilly hun, she looks a lush push cutie pie, and all that hair!!! whats ur fave thing about mummmy-hood?? X

I was like that with my first baby and i had no help really after his dad moved out. But with this one I have bonded so easily and i am quite inclined to leave the house work this time as this is the most important time with her and anyone else who wants to help can do the house work instead of the baby :)

hey snuggle, glad to hear u bonded with ur little girl and that u got it sussed this time lol.. us newbies have a lot to learn!! how others do this by themselves awes me.. im living with my parents (whilst we house hunt) and i have their help, my Oh's help and my sisters help and im still struggling to function some days... either its harder than i thought or im a wuss lol...

Its exhausting you appear to have little done but the time passes so quick and all of a sudden your making another bottle.

Personally I would take the help when you can :D even if its just for one feed and inbetween theres plenty more hours of the day & bubs will sense who the main people in her life are x

thanks wobbles, im trying to learn to let others help me with her, its just so hard, i feel like when she is with someone else and wimpers or cries is she crying for me ( probably not, she prob just crying in relief that im not there staring at her all the time lol!!) and as daft as it sounds, i actually miss her when i go to sleep ( wierd or what?!?!) but hey-ho i guess i just have to re program myself to think like a mum now and not just like the old me with a baby to look after....but thanks for posting guys it felt like i was the only one walking around like a zombie!! x

just ask them to help with the household and other things instead, if they want to help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->