• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

For those who have had a second child after a c section

Mork

Reaction score
Hey all,
I am wondering if any of you can help. I had an emergency c section with my first child due to a number of reasons - big baby, failed instrumental, back to back labour, both baby and my heartbeat dropping dangerously low.... Anyhow, I have an appointment with the consultant surgeon in a couple of weeks to establish if there is a medical reason for me needing a repeat section or if i should give birth vaginally with number 2. Any ideas what sorts of questions i should be asking - I dont want to go through the whole labour again like last time if it is going to end the same waY!
Thanks in advance for any help xx

Your labour sounds very similar to my 1st too - failed instrumental, after all that hard work!!!

I opted for an elective in the end, the decision was made by my consultant saying that she would want me on continuous monitoring during a labour. In my labour I couldn't sit down at all so I knew I would need an epidural and that led me to think I would probably end up with an instrumental or emcs anyway!

So, I think the most important questions are regarding what your medical team would have you do in labour, monitoring, medication, can you be midwife led, what happens if you go overdue, can you be induced. (of course u can argue any of their advise). These questions helped me evaluate my likelihood of another emcs.

Good luck and whatever decision you settle on will be the right one.

Be honest hun, tell them your concerns, ask about vbac success rates are at your hospital and good luck x

My first baby was emergency- c as well. When I had my second, I wanted vbac. My doc said if my body naturally went into labor before my scheduled c-section, she would allow me the opportunity for a v-bac, but I would have to move pretty quickly (dialation wise). So, I went into labour the morning of my schedule c-section- my doc let me labour and I couldn't progress. So...off I went for another c-section.
So here are some questions:
1- Do you do delivery of VBACs in the surgery room (just in case your uterus ruptures)?
2- How long will you let me labour?
3- What is your vbac protocol?

The other thing that my doc says she will always tell me after she delivers my babies is how many more pregnancies my uterus would be able to tolerate. After my second, she said "2 more pregnancies"! hahaha!
Good luck to you! The second c-section is so much easier (if you have to have one). I didn't have much pain at all and I felt like my recovery was quicker.

Thanks for all your replies so far ladies-all of you have given me great things to consider and ask about :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->