1/1100 chance of downs worried

Lillypots

Reaction score
Im 27 got told 1/1100 chance of down nuchal was 2.1mm
Dont know pappa and hcg numbers
any theories of why so high?
I know its low risk but disappointed when i heard some people get told 1 in tens of thousands

No idea about the numbers sorry, but that seems low just by looking at the numbers...I did not even take the test because it is known to be highly inaccurate also and knowing could cause so much added stress.

I was 1:90 with my first son and 1:35 or 37 or something with this baby. My son was all clear and as far as we know, this baby doesn't show any indicators of downs. When you think about it you have about .09% chance of having a baby with downs. This is a very very small percent, so I wouldn't be too worried.

You could always opt to get the harmony test to see how those results come back. again though, it won't tell you yes or no but could give you a lower risk. To find out for sure, you'd have to get an amnio and the risk of miscarriage would be far higher than the risk your bubba has down syndrome.

I took a private a genetic test (Panorama) and it came back good. Discuss your options with your doctor.

Mine were similar with my second ds and he is totally fine that's a low risk result!

And a nuchal measurement of 2.1 is totally normal too!

Wait for the Papp-A & HCG numbers. It isn't very meaningful without those and for now it doesn't actually seem bad at all. It's like grading a long test and only counting up the points on the first page.

I would not worry and be thankful for the results you were given. Those tests really can not prove anything other than driving a person crazy... My daughter was 1:28 and she is perfect and will be 2 this week. I opted out of the testing this time around because I was a mess last time. If you are that concerned there are blood tests you can have done to tell you if there are any genetic issues. I wouldb not be upset with your results though they are fine. :)

Im 27 got told 1/1100 chance of down nuchal was 2.1mm
Dont know pappa and hcg numbers
any theories of why so high?
I know its low risk but disappointed when i heard some people get told 1 in tens of thousands

Do you know whether it was the age risk or personal risk? Age risk is always a much lower number than personal. Since the measurement is in the normal range to me it sounds like the age risk which is good.

Just try to focus on the words of low risk which is the bit to go by and forget the numbers.

I also had a blood test taken just for piece of mind and it came back clear. The doctor told me that there was a very low chance of it being wrong (0.01%) so maybe you could go that route if you're worried. But honestly, the chances are very low to begin with in your case.

1/1100 is a .09% chance of Downs, that means that you have a 99.91% chance of not having Downs. The math works in your favor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->