#1 clomid= bust :(

seanw

Reaction score
So although I had two healthy follicles my first round of clomid it was a no go. I didn't ovulate so now I'm waiting for my next cycle and on day 13 I will get a shot to make me ovulate. Because I was so crushed I didn't have a chance to ask her what exactly what the shot was? Anybody's help would be appreciated! I'm losing hope fast cause she told me had I got pregnant there would've been a good chance of having twins. :(

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm on my second cycle of Clomid 50mg. I'm in my TWW now. I ovulated with it both cycles and actually ovulated pretty early on this cycle (early for me at least). What dose did you take? Are they going to increase the dose next cycle, too?

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm on my second cycle of Clomid 50mg. I'm in my TWW now. I ovulated with it both cycles and actually ovulated pretty early on this cycle (early for me at least). What dose did you take? Are they going to increase the dose next cycle, too?

I did 50mg CD3-7. She said she wants to keep me on 50mg because I had two big sized follicles with that dosage. So we will see.

How big were your follicles? I ovulated really late on 50mg so they upped it to 100mg and the last two cycles I ovulated on CD16.

I think the shot she would be talking about is the HCG shot. I've never had it myself but have chatted with a lot of ladies on here who have. I'm not sure exactly how it works but somehow, by having that shot it makes you ovulate. The downside is that you could well get a lot of pregnancy symptoms from being injected with HCG, so it will nearly impossible throughout the 2WW to know if any symptoms are being caused by the shot or by being pregnant.

Generally there is a higher chance of having twins when on clomid but even if you do ovulate two eggs that doesn't mean both will make it through the fertilization/implantation process. Do you really not want to have twins or was it just your doc being concerned? I know twin pregnancies carry higher risks etc but surely you should be able to decide for yourself if you're willing to take that risk or not?

Left ovary was 1.3×1.2×1.6cm and right 2.5×2.6×1.6cm & 2×1.9×1.5cm and actually had a third one that was much smaller. Twins for me would be awesome. I'm just ready to be a mommy!

Think I misunderstood your first post...you're sad because you'd like twins but you didn't ovulate, then she went and said you could well have had twins if you'd ovulated! I thought she was being mean and stopping your cycle!

I'm really surprised you didn't ovulate with follies that size :hugs: I only had one follicle my last cycle, it was about 17mm I think at my scan, and I ovulated 4 days later. I don't know what prevents an egg from being released when your follicles are that big. I just hope the trigger does the trick for you :hugs:

We also keep saying we wouldn't mind twins, it would mean the nightmare of the TTC journey would be over and done with!

Thanks! I hope so too. My doctor said that the trigger shot hardly ever fails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->