1 cm dialeted...when did u go into labor after?

Melisa1985

Reaction score
My doctor told me yesterday I'm 1 cm dialated. but he did mention it doesnt tell us if I'll go into labor tomorrow or a month from now, he can't know...
so im wondering all u ladies that were told u were 1 cm dialted , when did u go into labor after that?? at how many weeks?? just wanting to get idea of what to expect. im really hoping labor comes soon as long as the baby is full term. having a difficult pregnancy, I'm so anxious for it to b over soon.

I've been 2cm for over a week with no signs that things are close! So I wouldn't get too excited :/

With my first I was almost 1 cm dilated and 90% effaced for the last month of my pregnancy. I went into labor the day after my due date and when they checked me at the hospital I was still almost 1 cm dilated and 90% effaced. They kept me to see if I was progressing, and luckily I was so they didn't send me home. You can have some dilation and still go past your due date. It happens all the time.

Hard to say Hun. I've had friends who've been 1-2 cm dilated for weeks and weeks, and then a few who were dilated and went into labor the next week. I know you understand no one can really say when it will happen for you, bet your just looking for input from others. Best wishes at the end here!

With my first, I was 1 cm dilated at 35 weeks. I gave birth at 38w3d. My sister was 2 cm dilated with her first at 35 weeks and went a month overdue before consenting to an induction (which turned into a c-section because her baby was too big). Like your doctor said, it doesn't mean much... But walk, walk, walk to speed things up! Walking helps the baby drop lower and puts pressure on the cervix, helping it to soften and open up.

Ive been 1.5 since 33 weeks. No labour yet thankfully, though I think I may be a full two now.

I was 2cm at 36 weeks (that was the first time I was checked) and then was 3cm at 37 weeks, 4cm at 38 weeks and had her at 38+4.

However, my good friend went into labor at 1 cm, and progressed all the way to 10 cm within 12 hours, so you just never know!

With my first I was 4cm dialated for weeks with NO sign of labor in the near future. I got induced at 39w2days and when I went in, I had progressed to 5cm sometime over the couple weeks but wasn't in labor. Not saying I would have went much longer, but I was 4cm for a while, felt great and eventually was induced. Good luck though!

I think my doctor also mentioned my cervix has softened which is good.
what does that mean? does it mean anything??

thank u all for ur input : )

I was almost 2 cm dilated and around 80% effaced for weeks until I had to be induced at 41 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->