1 week in, how much?

thelilbump

♥ mummy to a princess ♥
Reaction score
I've been giving emilia solids for a week now and i'd like to thin she's taking them really well. I only feed her pure fruit (no rice) once a day at the moment because i'm aware that 6 months is the guideline. I was wondering however how much is a good protion size for her? She polished off a whole banana the other day and easily eats 4 ice cubes worth of defrosted fruit and then has her milk.

So, my questions,

How many ice cubes do you give per serving?
and

Do you think if she's eating that much in one sitting i should perhaps be thinking about giving her fruit in the morning now and a veg at tea time?

Thanks in advance x

Is there a reason you aren't giving cereal? You could try cereal + fruit mixed the morning and veggies at supper.

Although, you may have difficulty feeding her veggies as you have introduced fruits first and they're sweeter.

well here it's the guidelines to start weaning at 6 months but Emilia was showing interest in food and her weight gain had slowed down a lot (IMO) so i just thought i'd give her a little bit from 5 months and work up slowly, only emilia took to it better than i thought she would! x

I've been giving her cereal since 3 months! You'd be fine to add some more food now at 5 months I think

I spoke to my health visitor yesterday about weaning, and were doing it before 6 months too. She said "dont be over cautious if a baby has had enough he/she will stop eating!" as i was only giving about 2 teaspoons of rice etc at each sitting as i thought that was enough :dohh: HV said that would barely touch the sides. She said each week add more so after about 6-8 weeks your built up to 3 meals a day. So today jacob ate 4 teaspoons of ceral & fruit for breakfast, and he will have 2 teaspoons of rice and 2 of veg for lunch and again for tea. :) then next week we'll build it to 6 teaspoons and so on until he is eating a jar size each meal :) XxxX

If she is ready before 6 months hun ,than it's fine.

The guideline is 6 months but every baby is different and needs weaning at different times.

Lola is almost the same age and she is having veggies in the morning and baby cereal+fruit, mixed in the evening.
I'm slowly building it up now, week by week working towards getting her on 3 meals a day.

Courtney was weaned at about 4 and a half months and then from 6 months she eats anything and evrything pretty much!! Im lucky my mum cooks all her dinners and if she puts spag bol in the annabelle karmel cube trays (they are bigger than normal) she has 2 ... with a yoghurt afterwards!!

Katie is a similar age and i've been weaning for about 10 days. She was having baby rice mixed with fruit puree for lunch and has built up to about 5/6 teaspoons. Today i started giving her baby porridge too after her first bottle. Again about 5/6 teaspoons. Was a bit worried about feeding her too much but she seems to really like it. When she sees the spoon she opens her mouth wide!

Hi angie,

Yea didn't u have your baby on the due date u lucky lady (27th) if i remember rightly! If so theres just a day difference. Aww glad to hear katie's enjoying her food! May i just ask what baby porridge you have been using? I'm just looking into breakfasts now as i'm thinking of introducing the second meal x

I've been giving her cereal since 3 months! You'd be fine to add some more food now at 5 months I think

Baby rice is fine from 4 months (17 weeks is UK guidelines) but no wheat/gluten based cereal should be given before 6 months.

Hi angie,

Yea didn't u have your baby on the due date u lucky lady (27th) if i remember rightly! If so theres just a day difference. Aww glad to hear katie's enjoying her food! May i just ask what baby porridge you have been using? I'm just looking into breakfasts now as i'm thinking of introducing the second meal x

Hi Lil, I went 2 days over! I've been using Heinz porridge. It's in a yellow box. I've mixed it with milk to begin with then water and she really likes it. It smells quite nice. I've bougth a different one with fruit in too so i'll let you know what it's like. :hug:

lol the day after me!

Thanks, I managed to find some suitable porridge called organix, banana flavour i tried it this morning but she wasn't overly impressed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->