1 Year old present ideas please....

Status
Not open for further replies.

KellyC75

Mum of 4 <3
Reaction score
Would love to know what your 1 year olds like.....& what you think has long term play value :xmas12:

Need some Xmas shopping inspiration please! :xmas10:

big presents or small?

hayden's main birthday present was the vtech toot toot driver's garage, which he loves. other hits were his wooden noah's ark from elc, musical instrument set - also elc - some foam building blocks from toys r us, and a cheap ball drop game from asda.

for christmas we have got him a ride-on fire engine (he won't be able to use that yet, though, so we also got him a rocking caterpiller from mamas and papas), plus some interstar bricks, which he always loves at nursery, megabloks (he loves to build things. and knock them down again :haha:), a wooden peg and hammer toy, a big jellycat aardvark, a mini aquadoodle, an aquarium dvd, and a peg puzzle. also know my parents have got him elc funky footprints, and a friend has got him a bag of play food.

i suspect that the play food will have good, long term play value, as now he will enjoy chewing on it, throwing it around and putting it in and out of the bag, and any other container he can get his hands on, and in the future he might use it in role play games - shopping, cooking, etc. and also the building toys - as they get older they just build bigger and better models.

Hey hun!!
if you click my parenting journal link it will take you to my journal and it will show you what I all got Gracelynn(14 months old) for Christmas!!
Hope it helps.

WE got Kelana a popper, baby vaccum, a deuce coupe princess shopping cart, pretend groceries, bath toys, clothes, lego, and hats/mittens

Kian is 16 months. But things he likes are his bounce and spin zebra (he gt that for his 1st birthday but only just started using it) , anything like mobile phones, tv remotes, keys, His tool bench ( he likes this cos he can't stand up against it, it was good before he started walking he used to hold onto it and play on it), megablocks. And also on his first birthday out of all the stuff he got his gave was his £5 stacking cups, he still plays with them now everyday xx

Hiya,
Here are some of the things we've got my little boy...
V Tech baby laptop
Toy mobile phone
Play kitchen
Aquadoodle
Megabloks pirate ship
Megabloks blocks
A toy BBQ
Cuddly lion
Colouring book & pens
A name plaque for his bedroom

My mum and dad have got him the Toot Toot Garage aswell.
Hope that helps.
xx

Thanks Girls :thumbup: Some great inspriration :xmas8:

(Leah, I cant find your list on your journal? :shrug:)

Aquadoodle, I like that idea....But noticed it said 3yrs on box?? :shrug:

My son is older but when he was a year old these were the things he loved that stayed popular for a while.

Bouncing Zebra (got it at about 8 months old and still loves it at over 19 months)
Leapfrog fridge farm toy (they do cars and phonics too)
Playtime bus
Rocker (he has a rocking bee)
Books

Just looking for the bounce & go zebra....in Australia :thumbup:

We got LO a pram and baby for her main present as she loves DD2's.
We've also got
Leap frog Phonics
Wooden puzzles
Books
P.j's
Some melissa and Doug toys
and a Scuttlebug. :)

poppy got my puppy pal violet for her 1st birthday and nearly a year later its still a firm fave!

Just looking for the bounce & go zebra....in Australia :thumbup:

My friend in Australia got her son a bouncing Zebra recently for his first birthday but unfortunately I have no idea where from. :dohh:

Thanks Girls....:flower:

I now have a few things on my list :thumbup:

Just really want to find that bounce & spin zebra, but seems out of stock in the actual shops & online will take too long! :dohh:

Thanks Girls....:flower:

I now have a few things on my list :thumbup:

Just really want to find that bounce & spin zebra, but seems out of stock in the actual shops & online will take too long! :dohh:

Have you tried doing a distance search on eBay? I have no idea if you will have any luck but in the UK people are always selling loads this time of year to make room for new toys so there may be a good second hand one getting sold near by. We got out sons last year off eBay as I always do a a last minute check of what is in a 10 mile radius for a 'bonus' gift last minute. This year I got a huge train set table for a bargain.

Went to a Toys R Us superstore today (had to travel half an hour to get to it!) But......They had a bounce & spin Zebra :xmas8:

Also bought a aquadoodle .....:xmas12:

Thanks Girls for all your suggestions ~ Your great :xmas4:

:thumbup:

I have to say I like the look of the aquadoodle too.

and a friend has got him a bag of play food.

i suspect that the play food will have good, long term play value, as now he will enjoy chewing on it, throwing it around and putting it in and out of the bag, and any other container he can get his hands on, and in the future he might use it in role play games - shopping, cooking, etc. and also the building toys - as they get older they just build bigger and better models.[/QUOTE]

I got some play food for my LO as well, know he is too young for it really(only 10 months old atm), but he can chew on it for now but will be good for pretend play in the future:thumbup: And it's a McDonald's play food lot and all kids like McDonald's lol:haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"