10/11 month routine.

LeoTheLion

Reaction score
My son Jac was 9lb13 born so is a chunky monkey.. He had his 10 month check yesterday and is on the 98thC for height/head but slightly over for his weight 28lb, he is in no way overweight and is very much in proportion. But He has told me I need to change his diet to try keep it weight/hight/head level.
He is crawling and once walking u know he will lose alot of the baby podge :)
This is his routine can you tell me what you think.

7am wake, go down for breakfast - porridge with a banana & piece of toast.

8:30am take 1st son to school & walk to playgroup/take dog out

11am home 5oz sleep

12:30pm wake dinner - all homemade batch frozen so cottagepie/casserole/fishpie ect with a yogurt.

2:30pm ish snack rice cake, fruit, cracker

3:30pm 5oz sleep

4:30pm wake

5pm tea - again homemade

6:30pm 7oz bedtime

Wakes about 5am & and has 3/4oz

I don't see where I can change anything :)

I think that sounds absolutely fine. At that age, my daughter had 3 meals a day, plus a snack mid-morning, and 4 bottles a day (though the 4th one was edging its way out and I think she dropped it completely by 11 months in place of an afternoon snack). The timings of our milk feeds were a bit different (first thing in the morning, mid-morning, late afternoon and bedtime), but I don't think that matters much. The food you're offering all sounds healthy. I'd avoid any junk or treats (ice cream, cake, biscuits), but it doesn't sounds like you're offering that at all or at least not regularly. If you haven't thought about it yet, you might start to think about switching over to cow's milk from formula at a year. Some people do carry on with the toddler milks, but they aren't as healthy and tend to be more sugary than cow's milk. So that might just be a suggestion for later. But otherwise, I think that sounds fine. I would say that doesn't sound much different than what my daughter was having at that age and she was tiny (6lbs 9oz at birth and still wear 18-24 month clothes at 31 months). Some kids are just bigger and as he started out bigger at birth, you would expect him to stay that way. I imagine you'll see it even out a bit when he's running around in the next few months, but I probably wouldn't worry about changing too much until then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->