10 month old hates baths!

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
This isn't a new thing. From the day she was born she panics the minute her feet touch the water. She can be laughing with tears one minute but as soon as you put her near the bath she screams the place down, to the point where one of my neighbours has text me to see if everything's ok.

I managed to get around the problem briefly by bathing her in the sink, which was fine but of course she got bigger and doesn't fit in the sink anymore. I thought at first that once she got used to the big bath she'd be ok but it's still the same every bath time without fail.

I've tried toys, I've tried getting in with her, I've tried putting her in with big sister, I've tried putting her in on her own. Nothing works. It's getting to the point where I'm avoiding bathing her because I can't bear the upset it causes her :nope:

Anyone have any tips?

Have you seen those little inflatable toddler baths? It's meant to be put in the big tub, but you could stick it on the kitchen counter and be very vigilant with your supervision. Maybe try that if your baby won't tolerate it being in the big tub. I can see how it could be intimidating...

I put our inflatable bath in the big bath. He loves it. My first son also hated the bath at first, but then I got those little bath tablets that turn the water pretty colors, and he was obsessed with baths, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->