• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

10 months and eating like a pig!!!! HELP

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
I dont know if it is because he has recently got a lot more active but Dec seems to be eating way to much!!!! The past 2 weeks he has gone from

3 main meals
snacks
2 7oz bottles
and tea before bed

to

3 main meals
lots and lots of snacks
4-5 8oz bottles
and tea before bed

so he has added extra snacks (lots) and an extra 2-3 bottles.

Has anyone went through this with their 9-10 month old ?? I am going to speak to my HV about it but I thought I would check and see if it is normal first. He gets formula in his cereal morning and night as well as drinks of full-fat milk, juice and water throughout the day.

PLEASE HELP

Noah is the same, he would eat all day if I let him.

I think it will be to do with him being a lot more active and growing too! I personally wouldn't worry so long as he's not just wanting to eat junk like Noah is right now :dohh:

xx

I am in no way questioning your methods as a mum, so please don't take me the wrong way..!

Maybe you're allowing him too many snacks? I got into this with Bethanie a bit and she started to refuse her main meals, so I cut her down to 3 main meals, 1-2 snacks per day - small snacks, (eg a small box of raisins or a fruit bar) and her usual 2 180ml bottles of milk - I know she is a little older, but as a rough guide. You don't say he is refusing any main meals, but maybe the only reason he is having it is because he knows he will get it?

Oh and yes, he probably is a lot more hungry running around etc.. so maybe up his main meals a little for him?

I am in no way questioning your methods as a mum, so please don't take me the wrong way..!

Maybe you're allowing him too many snacks? I got into this with Bethanie a bit and she started to refuse her main meals, so I cut her down to 3 main meals, 1-2 snacks per day - small snacks, (eg a small box of raisins or a fruit bar) and her usual 2 180ml bottles of milk - I know she is a little older, but as a rough guide. You don't say he is refusing any main meals, but maybe the only reason he is having it is because he knows he will get it?

Oh and yes, he probably is a lot more hungry running around etc.. so maybe up his main meals a little for him?

He will never refuse food, he will always eat all his meals and I really dont want to up his main meals because he is already eating the same size portion as my brothers 14 month old!!!! I always keep his snacks healthy like yoghurts, carrot sticks, rice cakes and toddler biscuits, he will sometimes have baby crisps as an extra little treat.
I think you may be right in saying "he knows he will get it" but if he is standing crying pointing at his baby cupboard I know he wants something and I cant see him cry. He is not over weight he is only 21.7lbs on the 50% so he is not going to be obese or anything and like I said it has only been the past 2 weeks.
Thanks for your advice and I know you wouldnt question anyones parenting skills. xx

Let the boy eat! He is growing and active.

:rofl: I agree with KarenLV!!
I'm sure that sometimes he will probably be doing it to get a snack, but at the same time.. most of the time he is probably hungry. Like you said, he is pointing to wear the food is, and he will need more energy now with him walking around! And I would think that as long as he is still eating his main meals (and not refusing them, then wanting snacks, etc) and isn't making himself sick eating.. than he should be fine.
I know LOTS and lots of people that eat like 3x what I do and aren't overweight.. they are actually skinnier than me (and I'm around 125lbs) so.. I think some people just have bigger appetites. :D

Its probably just because he has become so much more active. (Not that I would really know since Erica isn't there yet!) But thats what I would imagine. Its kinda the same with us, the more active we are, the more calories we need. An extreme example is Michael Phelps, the Olympic swimmer. He eats from 10,000-12,000 calories per day to keep up with his training and swimming.

If Dec were to stop eating his main meals and just wanting snacks or stop eating a bottle or something, then it might be more worrisome. But I think its normal for it to increase and he is getting more and more active. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->