10 week old draining 7oz!!

Pandasnax

Reaction score
My 10 week old drains 7oz every 3 hours! Sometimes he goes a little longer but sometimes he goes less! He weighed 12lbs at his 8week weigh in a d was 5lbs 12 at birth, however on a night he will have milk at 7 sleep till 3 have a bottle then sleep till 7 again, I dont know if draining 7oz every 3 hours is too much? Has anyone tried hungry baby, would that help?

It does seem like quite a lot but honestly your baby wouldn't drink it if yet weren't hungry. If nothing else settles them and you have to give them milk it's obviously because they're hungry.

It is quite a big jump in weight but 5lbs is only tiny!

You could try hungry baby milk but it can have bad side effects on some babies like constipation. If your baby is fine on first milk and you don't mind giving him extra milk I would stick to it. If not you could speak to your health visitor and see what they would suggest?

That works out about 35oz a day? Sounds completely normal, especially with 2 long sleeps. As long as they're thriving I wouldn't worry though you could ring your HV to reassure yourself.

My LO is 6 weeks and taking 5 oz every 3 hours with only one longer sleep so about 32oz overall.

I worked it out as 42oz. No idea about ounces as I only do metric, but if he's happy and thriving I'd continue.

My son is doing the same thing... he's constantly hungry, breastfeeds then follows up with formula and weighed 12 lbs 11 oz at our 2 month checkup. I'm not worried. I think there's nothing wrong with a chubby baby.. when he starts to crawl and be more active, he'll whip right into shape. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->