10 weeks m/c with D&C story

avidwriter15

Mommy of 1diva & 1miracle
Reaction score
We held off telling pretty much everyone - I had a friend that went in for 8 week and they didn't find a heartbeat so I was holding my breath.
Went in for 1st appt at 7 weeks and got HCG of 34000, went in 8-3 for u/s and baby was beautifully there with a heartbeat of 135 measuring at 7-6 so for us totally normal (small babies). Finally got the nerve to tell me daughter and a few others. Not family or anything.

Got a call at 9-3 weeks from OB office stating that my urine sample from week 7 came back and had a UTI so they rx Keflex. started Keflex next day. 37 hours later I had a ridiculously horrible YI (which is normal for me with Keflex I just forgot since I was half asleep when they called it in) and started spotting with the infection. Called DR and they said its normal and called in terconazole cream for me. Did that and the spotting seemed to lessen until day 3 - started having some pressure in my back and tummy. felt like gas pains though so I was trying not to worry - tons and tons of EWCM tinged with bright red blood but bleeding still considered no more than spotting. Went to ER because I knew they would do a scan to check on baby and tell me she was ok.

Well scan showed no heartbeat. 10 weeks 5 days. Called OB next day and told them - they got me in yesterday and reviewed ER documentation and ultrasound. Agreed. Scheduled DNC this morning (starting the day with zero water or coffee makes hell already a million times worse).
Did u/s before and the lady was really nice this time and let me see the screen so I could see "her" one more time. Even gave me a few pics since DH was taking the kids to school and couldn't be there. So I got the closure of seeing there was truly no heartbeat - and I caught the measurements and the dr told me that it was a 9 weeker.

I just can't get over the fact that maybe had I not started that treatment or taken that keflex or gotten that YI that she would still be here. I just don't understand. I know UTIs are bad and risky but I barely felt it at all - and had apparently had it the whole time seeing as my ER trip during conception also showed one which was treated with a different medication and somehow l made it to 9 weeks with no issue.

Anyone else have a similar story? I just want to know I am not crazy.

Oh hun! I had two miscarriages last year (one of them a chemical, though) and know how distressing it is. There is no way of knowing what caused it. Since babe was 4 days behind from early on, it may well be that it had nothing to do with the treatment of the UTI (even if you usually have small babies - that early on, they all measure virtually the same). I now have my rainbow in my arms, perhaps you will too by this time next year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->