10 weeks old, wakes every 5 minutes?!

minties

Complete
Reaction score
Emma keeps waking up every 5 minutes, she's obviously tired and goes to sleep again quickly with a bit of a cuddle or some rocking, but keeps waking up over and over and over again! She's sucking her fists furiously. Won't take a dummy. Won't be swaddled (I trie anyway and it didn't help). Will always take the breast if offered but is doing it anyway even after being fed again.

What on earth could this be? I don't remember my others doing this.

Could be? She doesn't seem hungry, but wants to suck. Her poor hands are soaking wet.

Early teething? Or maybe she's just got herself in a cycle of over tiredness. I can't really help as my LO wouldn't fall asleep in the first place at that age (not in the day) and at night took 2hrs of nursing in a dark room to get her to sleep at night.....so basically damned if I know what babies are thinking :wacko:

My son did this until we sleep trained him at 8.5 months but it's obviously too early for that. We assumed it was reflux pain for him and it probably was back then, but it did just become a behavioural problem. He'd learnt to do it. Jesus no advice other than hang in there lovely, it does end and you do survive. But I know what it's like xx

Sounds like maybe a growth spurt or being overtired. James wakes more often if he is overtired when he goes to sleep.

Hope things improve soon :hugs:

Thank you everyone, I think she was overtired. She also had reflux and doesn't like her shirt getting wet so wakes every time it gets damp from spewing. She's also getting eczema on her face.

Thank you everyone, I think she was overtired. She also had reflux and doesn't like her shirt getting wet so wakes every time it gets damp from spewing. She's also getting eczema on her face.

Oh eczema kept my LO constantly awake too! What I learned was that it was probably itchy way before I could see it forming, so just to slather her in emollients head to foot at least 5 times (preferably more) per day whether she looked like she needed it or not!

Waking and suckling constantly sound like reflux to me. Does she still wake if she is upright?

Is she warm enough? DS was hard to keep warm and woke lots when he was a bit cold. I had to put him to sleep in a hooded cardigan or during the day I just started letting him sleep in the sling.

Mine doesn't have eczema and took two nice naps in the stroller yesteray but my Lord the nights are horrible. She had a few nights with only two wakings so I know she can...

There's no drowsy with her either. She is either awake, screaming or passed out... like yesterday screamed for 15 minutes in the car but passed out as soon as stroller started rolling...

She also wants to suck all the time and doesn't take a pacifier.

I wish I had advice.

Emma has been diagnosed with reflux, but because she isn't miserable with it and aiming weight well my doctor says she doesn't need any treatment. She probably chucks up about 15 or so times a day, and one or two of those will be large and go flying for a fair distance!

The eczema seems to mainly be on the side of her face that her vomit comes out of so I think it irritates her skin.

Being upright is when she spews the most so I don't get that!

This is vomit #3 after her second feed for the day. She was already shirtless from #2. This one looks like not much but 90% of it was projectile and landed in my bra!

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/a31cefiro/5B1BCDB3-EA83-4434-8242-00404F30404B.jpg

Funny enough my girl spits up when upright too. She hardly ever does it though. She got overstimulated today and I'm basically a two boob calming and soothing machine for the rest of the night.

Emma is absolutely adorable with puke or without! Sorry about your bra. Mine projectile pooped on me a few weeks back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->