10 Weeks Postpartum Sex Hurts !

Miss Magic

Reaction score
I had my daughter 10 Weeks ago and had tons of internal stitches. I hadn't tried to have sex ( my poor hubby ) ... Until tonight ... And it hurt !
The beginning hurt and then after a bit it was okay but now ( 3 hours later) it hurts ! I almost feel bruised, it hurts to walk around ... Is this normal? Will it get better anytime soon ?

Are you breastfeeding? I think that makes it worse. It took me a few times until it didn't hurt (and to be honest even now it still does a little at first but it goes away quickly).

My doctor told me I was stitched up pretty tight, and that I should try to rub some coconut oil on the area and stretch it out occasionally. I honestly haven't done it but wanted to pass the tip along in case it works.

i had a fourth degree tear which resulted in loads of stitches. we out off sex for a while due to me being scared i guess. when we did finally do it it did hurt as i felt so tight due to the surgery. Maybe use some lube next time you try.

Yes I am breastfeeding , and we also used lots of lube.
It just hurt . It kind of felt like he was hitting a wall inside me ( if that makes sence)
It's a day later now and it doesn't hurt but I'm scared to do it again now ! I'm praying this stops soon ... But I have a friend who says sex hurt for a year after !!

Yes I am breastfeeding , and we also used lots of lube.
It just hurt . It kind of felt like he was hitting a wall inside me ( if that makes sence)
It's a day later now and it doesn't hurt but I'm scared to do it again now ! I'm praying this stops soon ... But I have a friend who says sex hurt for a year after !!

One other thing that I just thought of... I went to my OB when we first started to resume sex because of the pain, and she gave me a sample of estrogen cream. Sometimes after we have a baby, especially if we are breastfeeding, our babies almost go into a menopause-like state. It's more than just dryness (so lube doesn't necessarily help). It helped SO much. I still have the stretching now, but it only hurts for a minute or so whereas it was impossible before. It could be something worth looking into as it really was a miracle cure for me and safe for breastfeeding.

Im 7 months post baby and sex still hurts for me....and I still have pain inside my vagina and pelvic area...doctors say its normal so who knows

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->