10 yo Boys Birthday- HELP!!!

Catkins2011

Proud mum of 2 boys
Reaction score
Hi guys :flower:
Ive never posted in this section before, as I have spent all my time lurking in TTC before joining the pregnancy boards, but I really need some help with my soon to be 10 year old DS's birthday which is fast approaching!

For the past few years since he's grown to old for the soft play centers/Maccy D's parties etc Ive always done him a party at home with some of his school friends and played things like pin the tail on the donkey, pass the parcel, musical statues etc.....This year, because Ive just recently had a baby I wanted to avoid a party at home, but there is not really anywhere near us where we could have a party which isnt too young for him (like the soft play centre), so Im a bit stuck for things to do! because of this, and the fact that I didnt want him to feel left out since the baby, I decided that I would do a party at home but he really isnt keen on the idea because he said his friends will take the mick and say its babyish (although he'd still be quite happy to play the usual party games, lol). I looked on the internet and came accross a few other ideas for games like a "challenger" party, and I could freeze ice cubes with a raisin inside and the kids have to melt it in their hands and the first one to eat the raisin is the winner, and have bowls full of squirty cream with a bubblegum at the bottom, and the first one to get the bubblegum without using their hands and blow a bubble wins, and he loved the idea, but I cant think of any other games and I need to keep them occupied for 2-3 hours!! :dohh: What else could I do??-it needs to be quite simple things that dont involve too much advance prep or making anything (like treasure hunts etc) as I just dont have the time...any ideas??
I'd really rather not have it at home, we live in quite a small flat, and have no garden or anything, but like I said, there is'nt anything near us, and if people had to travel too far they wouldnt bother coming! Arrrgggghh, help me please!

Do you have bowling/ice rink or swimming near you? These are usually good for parties. What about hiring sumo suits or bucking bronco, not sure how much space you have so these may not work!

Have you thought about a pinata?Boys like bashing things and that way they get sweets too.

bowling/cinema/go karting - any of them near ish - they all do parties
my son had a party at pizza hut and also had a party at the local swimming pool.

This year my son is having a science party 0 they come to your home or church hall / venue etc and make slime etc with the kids - you could prob do ths yourself if you wanted to or get the company in ?

I will have a think about party games

Do you need set activities? Our twins turned 9, and they just wanted cake/ice cream, food, goodie bags and to be able to run around and do whatever with their friends. They played with Nerf guns, football, tag, hide-n-seek...or whatever they came up with in the backyard...just being boys and had a blast.

Swimming, bowling, movie theatre, skating, laser tag, paint ball.
My son did this:
https://www.wildplay.com/parks/nanaimo/monkido-kids
He also did this:
https://www.climbromperroom.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe