100% polyester

DCS

Reaction score
OH was given a jacket for work, he wears it to cycle yo and from work because he wouldnt wear it while on shift because of where he works. Anyway, it feels like its made of foamy stuff its a really wierd gross material and it smells of chemicals. Like cleaning products/ floor cleaner. It has no washing instructions. So i have no idea what to do with it.
He says it holds in the moisture and feels damp.

So my questions are
1. How do i wash this thing?
2. How do i dry it, after each wear?

I cant wash after each wear because he sometimes gets home 10.30pm saturday and is out the door just after 7am sunday.

Sounds awful, buy another jacket - lol.
I'd just wash on a delicate cool cycle and he'll have to wear another jacket til it dries.
Xx

It is awfull.... and its ugly. Was obviously cheap to buy which is why the company brought them for staff.

Did the company not supply any information on cleaning it? Id ask them haha

I'd wash by hand if unsure x

I would never cycle in 100% polyester it is why he is sweating so much! Buy something that is cotton and bin that one if you can afford it!
If you cant and need to wash it I would wash on a cold cycle and hang dry.

Im sure it said polyester. I think. It feels like the sheets of craft foam you get. Its so gross.
Nope, no information at all. Not that im surprised, he has been asking for new uniform and a name badge for about 3 years and still hasnt got them, but then gets into trouble for having a faded tshirt and non uniform bottoms, and no name badge.

Sorry that wenr off on a rant then.
Tbh i think he wears it because it was free, and he got sick of his hoodies getting dirty when he got splashed with dirty rain water.

I may sprinkle it with a crap load of bicarb and see if that does anything if not it can go in the bin.

You're not gonna get rid of the smells Hun. As soon as sweat gets into things like polyester it can smell disgusting no matter how many times you wash it, the smell just comes back. Cycling in it will make things much worse. I'd bin it personally.

Maybe you could accidently put it on a 90 degree wash and ruin it?

With it getting warmer he wont be using it now. So i might hang it outside and then misplace it..... pregnancy brain and all that. Dont think he is overly bothered by it, just wears it because it was free and was sick of his hoodies getting trashed in the rain.

I'd toss it in the machine with barbed wire . Oops! :winkwink:

Polyester for cycling isn't breathable enough. I don't know how he is comfy enough to even wear it. I know I'll be checking my jackets more myself when I get my trike. :flower:

Sounds like the bin is the only place for that! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->