100mph winds, anyone else getting these

weewdy

Reaction score
Woke up at 3am to severe gale force winds. My partner got up at 4 for work and 30mins after he left it was on radio that our main route was blocked due to fallen trees hitting two cars, he must just have missed it. Now we are sitting eating cornflakes because we have no power watching a trampoline, hut and fence panels blowing across the roads and gardens. Its going to be a long day!

We have gales here today as well. The weather app on my phone says that the wind speed is 35 mph, but they sound a lot stronger than that. I hate windy weather so much! :(

It's bad here, I got woken by the doorbell but when I got to the door there was nobody there. I looked out and there was a police van outside with the lights on and police walking about the street looking at the river. They eventually went away then I could see them on the other side of the river and my mum said they are expecting a tidal surge right down the east coast from Northumberland down. I'm quite scared as we live literally across the road from the river - right where the north sea goes into the river Tweed.

DH works 60 miles away, he got to work ok but I'm dreading him driving home, I just wish we were all safe under one roof right now!

Hope you all stay safe xx

It's a bit scary like. I came out the house this morning to see someone's duvet cover blowing up over the rooftops :lol:
Bad day to leave your washing out!

sooo glad I'm on maternity leave now so I don't have to get to work! I kept being woken up all night by the sound of the wind, it's scary :argh:

why is scotland so crap though, all trains suspended?! this happens practically every year, why are they never prepared for it!

Trains are cancelled due to the amount of debris on all the lines, I'm not sure it's something you can prepare for:shrug:

LO and me having a pj day today. Feeling bad for my parents they having their roof fixed this week, hope it doesn't cause further damage!

It's windy here too. Not quite 100mph I think though.

Yes, it's just begun! We're in northern Germany, 15km from the coast. Winds could get up to 115km/hr I've heard. :shock:

It is really windy here. I hope it all calms down. My friend is coming back from tenerife so hope there aren't any delays.

Me too (Runcorn). It seems to be getting windier here now :|

It's quieting down here in Fife. I woke up to find someone else' bins rattling against the side of my car.

My husband can't get to work because the Forth bridge is closed.

And it's just been reported a poor man has lost his life.

Yes, we have very strong winds too, we are near Preston in Lancashire. Hopefully they are not quite 100mph but they are certainly gale force! In fact I'm picking my son up from his childminder early so he doesn't have to go on the school-run, as I would rather he didn't have to walk in it. I have just gone on maternity leave but are keeping his childcare place so we don't lose it! So the good thing about that is that I can be flexible about when I pick him up, so it'll be early today!

xx

It's quieting down here in Fife. I woke up to find someone else' bins rattling against the side of my car.

My husband can't get to work because the Forth bridge is closed.

And it's just been reported a poor man has lost his life.

Yeah that's just literally along the road from me. His lorry blew over onto 2 cars :nope:

It's quietened down now but overnight and this morning was horrendous.

It's so tragic that a man has been killed :cry:

It's quite bad where I live in the north west. So glad I don't need to go anywhere today.

It's been terrible here. Took alf to nursery and I could hardly cotrol the pushchair we lost a hat and a blanket too.

Xx

we have it to, it's died down now though!

East Anglia and its not too bad but was quite windy, enough to blow bins down

My old village in the Scotland has had it's weather station gold ball ( have no idea the correct name ) it is huge and has blown away. They said its bloody horrendous there x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->