• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

11 month old still doesn't eat a lot!

rebeccalouise

Reaction score
My 11 month old doesn't eat a lot at all, she's still very dependant on her formula. I've tried feeding her, but she won't take anything mushy off of a spoon! So now we give her what we have, and she'll pick at it as she pleases.. however, she still only eats a few mouthfuls at each meal time! :( I spoke to my HV, and she didn't seem concerned!? :shrug: She loves biscuits, but even with them she'll never finish a whole one. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Or does anyone know anything I could try to get her eating more? I worry because she's barely eating any fruit or vegetables. :nope: X

Milk is still what's most important leading up to and around their first birthday. My LO didn't really eat any solid foods until she was about 15 months old. Her doctor had no concerns as she was still feeding lots and not losing weight.

What the above poster said. It's not concerning yet. She will get more interested over time. Just keep giving her what you are having since that's what she eats more of. Our lo is 12 months and doesn't eat a lot but she eats a little something at each meal.. Still nurses a lot. Her Dr said that is great for her age. :)

Same here. My ds wasn't much of an eater. Even now he still doesn't eat much. I have him formula until 16 months because he ate so little solid food.

I wouldn't worry at all, but I'd give the formula until you feel she's eating enough (and you can find guidelines regarding how much a 12-month-old should be eating online so you're ready). I've had 3 BIG eaters - my sons... but my daughter didn't take much food until 15 months. She still eats a lot less than my sons, but she probably doesn't need as much food, either.

Thank you so much ladies! I feel a little more at ease about it all now. :) Xx

It's normal! No need to worry. My daughter was a picky eater too..but she got over it. Kids don't like to get hungry so they learn to feed more, eventually. :D

I'm so pleased to have seen this thread as I was starting to get concerned about how little my 9.5 month old eats. She's breastfed so I don't know how much milk she's getting but she still feeds quite a lot.

Here's an example of what she eats on a typical day:
Breakfast -1/4 weetabix (or equivalent amount of porridge) and a tiny bit of fruit. This is the easiest meal of the day.
Lunch - a small stick of cheese and nibbles of toast (she probably only eats 1/8 slice)
Dinner - 2-3 teaspoons of whatever we have for dinner, normally something mushy like fish pie, or small pieces that she can pick up like rice, meat and veg.
Snacks - If she has a snack of biscuit or banana, she also would stop short of a full biscuit and maybe eat an inch of banana at most.

She absolutely will not be fed from a spoon, other than at breakfast.

My boys were slow starters with food, but suddenly got an appetite around 8 months, so I was getting a bit concerned that DD still isn't that keen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->