11+ months and eating

A

AppleBlossom

Grace loves food and she will eat absolutely anything. She still has mainly jars. But I just wondered if maybe for one of her meals she can have stuff like fish fingers, waffles etc? I know she is allowed to have stuff like pasta and bolognese and proper meals like that. But often I don't have time to make that kind of thing so just bung something in the oven for myself and Grace sits and watches me eat it after having eaten her yucky jar lol yesterday we went out for a meal for my birthday and I had left her jar in the wrong bag and so we had to get her a kids meal for to pick at. She had about one fish finger, couple of chips and her newest favourite food beans! (couple of spoonfulls) But I feel like she shouldn't be eating food like that....?

I think occasional stuff like that isn't going to hurt. But instead of like frozen fish fingers at home, I would bread some fresh fish up and make them yourself, it really isn't hard at all and you can control exactly what she is getting. Frozen stuff like that have so many preservatives, high content of salt among other things. But she can def have "real" meals instead of jars now, for all meals if you wanted.

Thanks. I'm really paranoid about salt content so I never give her anythign that I think has too much in, I always check :)

Dunno about potato waffles, but oven chips would be ok- there is no salt added to them just vegetable oil, but the fat content isn't too high.

You can buy frozen portions of fish without breadcrumbs or sauce or anything if you're worried about the breadcrumbs on fish fingers. And a few frozen peas with it and you're done.

katie loves fish fingers and beans :rofl: she's only had them once mind at my mum's neighbours! like's already been said if you're worried abuot salt content, yo can get frozen fish fillets and potato wedges or soemthin. making your own wedges/chips is so so easy aswell and only takes the same amount of time as oven chips xx

Well now I know she is a bean lover I am going to start buying the reduced salt ones :)

Joel was eating fish fingers and waffles at that age, I think its okay as long as its not everyday

Caitlyn has eaten nothing but crap for 3 days. It's her birthday weekend though so I doubt one weekend will hurt.

Usually she'll eat her dinner (whatevers healthy) then pinch some of mine :rofl: I don't stop her eating anything now and haven't for quite a while x

I didnt even know they did jars for bigger kids :dohh:

I know that when we're busy convenience is sometimes necessary but if she's a good eater how about when you put something in the oven for you, why not stick a bit of chicken or fish in some foil in too for her? I always found that a quick and easy one for Emily when I was a working single mum and pushed for time when I got home. Then you can do her some beans if she likes those or just a bit of veg - just as easy to stick 2 or 3 little new potatoes and a few broccoli or cauli florets in the same pan.

:D

Jasmine has fish fingers etc and the hv said this is perfectly fine. Jasmine has mostly organic stuff but will have fish fingers etc also.

I didnt even know they did jars for bigger kids :dohh:

I know that when we're busy convenience is sometimes necessary but if she's a good eater how about when you put something in the oven for you, why not stick a bit of chicken or fish in some foil in too for her? I always found that a quick and easy one for Emily when I was a working single mum and pushed for time when I got home. Then you can do her some beans if she likes those or just a bit of veg - just as easy to stick 2 or 3 little new potatoes and a few broccoli or cauli florets in the same pan.

:D

Its easy enough to make the veg etc, but its very dishearting when you LO won't eat any of it. I'm getting sick of going to the effort only for it to be wasted (or I eat it myself). I even made him pancakes on the weekend and he wouldn't touch it.

At 11 months I was told to start giving things like fish fingers so I'm sure its absolutely fine. I do fishfingers, mash and peas. At the moment he will only really eat the mash and the crumbs of the fingers, but at least I'm cooking one meal for all of us.

Dont they say you have to put stuff in front of them 16 times or something?

It must be really frustrating. I'm sure this one will go through a picky period at some point. I've been lucky with my two - they have eaten pretty much anything I've put in front of them! My eldest has eaten snails (sea not garden :lol:) and lobster and all sorts while on holidays. I think if you give loads of variation from early on you are in with a better chance but I guess some kids are just picky no matter what tactic you try :dohh:. I think from what Bexy said though, Grace is a really good eater :)

Dont think I cooked Jack things like fish fingers and waffles and beans at that age, he might have tried little bits off me when I had things like that, but I was always so paronoid about nutritional value and salt n things, I found it just as easy to put a peice of fish or chicken in foil in the oven, make some mash pototo and peas or sweetcorn or one of Jacks faves spagetti and some home made tomato and blended veg pasta sauce, really healthy and yummy and for those babies who dont love veg if you blend it up in pasta sauce it goes down a treat :) or I make a big pan of homemade spag bol with lean mince and I always feel satisfied when he has something yummy and healthy :D. Anyway Sure its fine to have that as a meal occasionally but try out a few simple healthy things sure she will love them :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->