11 months PP and 3 weeks of...

jenmcn1

Expecting baby #4:)
Reaction score
Hi LADIES

So I'm 11 months postpartum...I have 2 children, and we are hoping to start TTC#3 at the end of the summer.
Ever since I had my daughter I have had an odd cycle...which I know is pretty common after having a baby. I exclusively breastfeed her still.
On May 5th I got my period...and it lasted for 7 days which is a bit long for me. It stopped, and then I had quite a bit of spotting for about a week after,(brown blood SORRY TMI)....and then started my period again?! I'm now on day 6 of my period, and wondering what is going on with me?!?!
Anyone have insight?
I have finally started to lose all my baby weight, and I've started running and training for a 10km run. So I'm thinking this may be the reason?!
I'm not too concerned at the moment...or at least trying not to be...has anyone experienced this? I'm thinking its all the hormonal changes in my body with the breastfeeding, losing weight and running. I also wonder if it's maybe my body getting rid of old blood from the vertical C-section I had?
Any advice?? Thank you sooo much ladies!!

Sounds similar to a friend of mine- she too was BF and her periods were all out of wack after her daughter was born, and she actually called to make an appt with her doctor to get it sorted when she found out she was pregnant! They were TTC- but not super actively as she thought it would be hard due to her cycles being off.

Ya never know hun-- I would just give it some more time. Once you are ready to try, and if things are still a bit off, you could try to track your ovulation at home- or have a checkup with your OB just for that re-assurance. I know BF can affect periods-- and if your training hard, it would make sense that could affect it too. I bet all will be just fine though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->