11 weeks - routine

cartwheelroll

Reaction score
My LO is now almost 11 weeks but is still feeding every 2hours during the day (has done since birth so not a temporary thing!) I would desperately like to implement a routine but have no idea how to start stretching his feeds (and even whether I should do that at all?) the only times he'll go longer between feeds is when I go for a walk as he always falls asleep.

Nights are still problematic, I keep reading about putting him down to sleep at around 7 then feeding again at 10 but this just isnt even a possibility the moment - he feeds constantly between around 6/7 until 10/11pm. This means that me and hubby get absolutely no time to ourselves as when he goes to sleep I have to as well otherwise ill get no sleep at all :-(

Any advice greatly appreciated!!

16 weeks here and DH and I get no time to ourselves either.

We chose parenthood so until DD decides she wants to sleep earlier/alone then that's a sacrifice we have to make.

She has got herself into a nice routine now though. But we still go to sleep as soon as she does.

My daughters also 11 weeks and during the day feeds every hour or two and only cat naps. Sometimes ill get lucky and she'll take a 3 hour nap in the evening but I usually just nap with her and she sleeps great at night goes to bed at 11 and wakes up at 7-8 am then usually back to sleep for a few hours. I don't get alone time with myself let alone with OH but ive gotten used to it. We know if we ever need a break we can call his sister.

Our world revolves around then as babies (our world revolves around them there whole life but as they get older there less clingy and needy and usually have set times for sleeping when there babies its like supply and demand) do you have someone that could keep lo for a couple of hours so you and oh can have a date night or even just a date with the couch and TV?

Our LO will go longer between feeds when she is sleeping as well during the day. We implemented the EASY routine around 6 weeks and it has been working wonders for us. Of course we are flexible with it and do not keep LO in a strict routine. Eat, Activity, Sleep, You time.... Sadie eats, we play until I see tired cues and then she has a nap. When she wakes up 9 out of 10 times it is because she is hungry, so it has worked well for us. It is also gives me a vague idea of when I will be able to get something done around the house or if I want to go for a walk I will do that during her sleepy period. It has made trips out of the house SOOO much easier.

We have also been putting her to bed around 8pm probably since she was 6 or 7 weeks old if not earlier. (OH bathes her and then I feed her in her pj's and off to bed). Sometimes she wakes up in 2 hours, but normally on 4 hour stretches... this gives OH and I the time after 8pm together.

I really am a routine oriented person so I am very lucky our LO seems to follow the same structure. I think every baby is different so you have to figure out what works best for all of you. We definitely tried a few things before we figured out what worked for us! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->