12 month old crazy nursing all night long suddenly

diggory77

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My 12 month old has never been a brilliant sleeper. She goes in her own cot around 7 and may stir a few times and generally wakes around midnight and then comes into our bed. Once she's in our bed she has a lovely peaceful nights sleep and wakes around 8am. We've weaned her off her dummy which she previously needed for sleeping about two weeks ago and now it seems I've replaced it! She never normally falls asleep whilst feeding but miss piggy just keeps helping herself to the milk bar and unhooking my bra and pulling my pjs open! I've let her do this as if I try and stop her she has a major melt down and I just haven't been able to deal with that in the early hours of the morning! A few times she's drank until she starts coughing (she has a cold) and then vomits everywhere (3 times this week).

Help! Should I be enforcing the no night feeds rule or letting her get on with it?
X

My daughter has been pulling herself up to the bar, so to speak, as well. She usually would only nurse once or twice at night but here lately, I've been waking up to find her latched on (we co-sleep too). She's been teething so I think it's mix of growth spurt (she's been trying to walk without holding on to anything) with a dash of teething thrown in.

I'm not going to limit her nursing yet. I myself wake up in the middle of the night to grab a glass of water and/or sometimes hot chocolate (wish I could just drink warm milk but ugh :sick: ) to help soothe my stomach when I have to take an ibuprofen for my neck/shoulder pain (had decompression surgery in Aug, ugh again ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->