12 week old won't sleep without a pacifier

Mabv812

Reaction score
She won't fall asleep without a pacifier and when she does she will always wake up 30 to 45 mins later when it falls put (during naps). Every once in a while it will fall out and she can go back to sleep. Very rare. I think I should also say she is not a very happy baby and rarely smiles. She's better at night, usually only needs it again after her 3 or 4 am feed. Advice should I keep going with It? Wait till after 4 month regression?

I hated this about the pacifier, my daughter was the same so we took it away from her at 6 months as I hated being on pacifier replacement duty all the time. It's pretty easy to take it away before the 6 month mark as they don't really remember it exists when they don't have it. We had one night where going to bed took longer than usual, but otherwise no drama at all when we took it away. We didn't give a pacifier to my son and he sleeps a million times better than my daughter ever did. If it's causing problems for you then I'd get rid of it.

I hated this about the pacifier, my daughter was the same so we took it away from her at 6 months as I hated being on pacifier replacement duty all the time. It's pretty easy to take it away before the 6 month mark as they don't really remember it exists when they don't have it. We had one night where going to bed took longer than usual, but otherwise no drama at all when we took it away. We didn't give a pacifier to my son and he sleeps a million times better than my daughter ever did. If it's causing problems for you then I'd get rid of it.

I also feel she would sleep way better without it. My son never used one and was a great napper. It's hard when I see her struggling to nap and then I put her paci in her mouth and she's asleep within a minute! What the heck?! So just rip the bandaid off and hope she can soothe herself?

My daughter was a champ at self settling, so when I took away the pacifier she just went to sleep on her own without it. My son has never had a pacifier, but he is not good at self settling yet so I nurse and rock him to sleep. If your daughter can self settle then I would just take away the pacifier and leave her to it. If she can't self settle yet, then I'd help her get to sleep after taking away the pacifier in whatever way you can.

If you feel like she’d sleep better without then give it a try :). My daughter self weaned off her dummy after a couple months, some babies just don’t need one. I have to feed her to sleep though, rarely will she go another way. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->