12 week sleep regression???

MEPride

Reaction score
I'm having serious issues here. I feel like it's getting harder and harder to put my girl down to sleep. Naps are 30 min at best and it takes me 30-45 min to put her asleep and ONLY by rocking and using a pacifier. Nighttime has never been an issue until the last couple weeks and we have been fighting to put her down. She wakes up almost immediately. Forget about putting her down drowsy but awake. She is relying more and more on her pacifier to sleep. She doesn't like sucking on her fist. She makes a face and pulls it away.

Adding to the frustration is that it takes me, her mom, so much longer to put her to sleep than hubby. I am getting so depressed over this.

Making things even worse is the growing suspicion that i have or am developing PPD.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel so lost and frustrated a lot of the time and feel like things are getting harder instead of easier.

If you think you are developing ppd you really need to have a chat with your health visitor or gp. The health visitors usually put their phone numbers in the front of the red book if you don't see them in drop in clinics etc. have you taken the edinburgh test since your 6 week check? You should be able to google it. I can't remember how old dd was i think she was 4-5 months old when she started getting fussy with naps and hadn't long transitioned from her moses basket to cot, but in her case she needed to be put down consistently in her cot rather than wherever the moses basket happened to be and she also settled better when left to it. If i stay with her she just waits for me to pick her up and carry on. They do need more awake time as they get bigger so she may be fighting because she's not tired, or if she's having a growth spurt she might be extra hungry. Dd won't sleep on an empty tummy. there's a huge thing about 4 month sleep regression as well not sure if maybe it's happening earlier for her? Is there anything your partner does differently when he puts her down? (Except not smell of milk, that's a tough one for us) do you get more stressed out? They can pick up on emotions from a young age.

It's really impossible to say what might be going on with her, they change so constantly she might be having trouble sleeping or drifting off to sleep for any number of reasons. Growth spurts, developing a new skill, needing more awake time between naps, becoming more alert/aware and wanting to stay up to play, etc. There are constant ups and downs, and just when you think you've got things figured out and into a bit of a routine they decide to change things up on you. The best thing you can do is to just go with it, trying to always figure out why things are happening and trying to "fix" things will just drive you bonkers. Sometimes you have to just accept this is the way things are now and trust that it won't last forever. If you think you have PPD it is really important to get some help so you can start enjoying your baby rather than worrying all the time.

Thank you, ladies. I have not taken the test since DD turned 1 month. I just go through a day or two, here or there, where everything seems so much harder than it should be. I don't know if these infrequent days constitutes as PPD but i will call my midwife regardless.

I am trying to just go with the flow when it comes to putting my girl down to sleep. It's just been really challenging to do put her to sleep for the last couple weeks.

How long is she staying awake between naps? Maybe try to keep her up for an extra 30 min and see if that helps.

How long is she staying awake between naps? Maybe try to keep her up for an extra 30 min and see if that helps.

I've been putting her to sleep at the first sign of fatigue, which is either crankiness or yawning. She is awake roughly 60-90 minutes. I can try keeping her awake another 30 min, but I'm afraid she'll just get crankier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->