12m+ moms and cows milk...

JennyLynn512

Mom to four
Reaction score
Ladies, I've got a quick question about cow's milk. We've started to slowly transition Valerie from breast milk to cow's milk. We just started this Sunday. At breakfast, lunch, and dinner instead of giving her water/juice with her meals, I give her the cow's milk in her sippy cup instead. She will put it to her mouth, drink it, but then spit most of it out. I know it's only been a couple of days and of course we'll keep on trying, but I wanted to get any advice from the Mom's who have previously weaned their LO's. Any help would be great!

I havent done it but my friend would do it in the bottle of breastmilk mixing in cows milk and every couple of days reduce the breast milk, this way they slowly get used to the taste and then eventually it will be a bottle with only cows milk

Yeah you could try mixing it. She probably just isn't used to it. Maybe try warming it a bit instead of straight from the fridge? I would really just keep offering, she probably just needs time to adjust

Thanks, ladies! I never thought about mixing it...but I think that's a great idea. That is one thing that I will definitely try!

aaah ok I cannot help I am afraid.....Elinor went from formula to cows milk

sorry

:hugs:

Why dont you give the milk inbetween meals so that she is hungry for it? At meal times it might fill her up or she might already be a bit full. It might be worth trying it in a bottle with a teat so it is more familiar than a sippy cup. I know that some advice is to get them onto cups at 1 yr, but most people I know werent able to do so and there isnt a rush. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->