13 yr old bedtime

tiggerlix

proud single mummy
Reaction score
hi ladies
just wondering how any of you ladies may deal with a stroppy 13yr old lol!! and how do there bedtime routines work.
i am struggling with my son atm and he just wants to stay up late all the time,but what with school next week id like to get into some kinda routine with him as i now have a new baby to..
any tips welcomed
xx

It works like this in our house:

I tell my son to go to bed, he usualy whinges but knows his life won't be worth living if he doesn't do as asked, so trots off to bed... :haha:

That said, I am pretty relaxed about bedtimes. My oldest is 14 and he was watching TV in his room at 1am when I went to bed last night. I don't mind provided he gets up the next day as as when requested to and doesn't spend the day being grumpy. School nights aren't really my problem, as he boards Mon-Fri and bedtime is 10.30 there. Sundays he usually goes to bed ridiculously late, but he always gets up at 5.30am to get ready for school and manages to be pleasant (more than I can manage at that time of day!) so I don't really mind.

Does he need a routine? Can't you just give a warning that bedtime is getting a little earlier as he is due to go back to school? Then just say bed time is 10pm or whatever and then at 9 and 9.30 remind him he has an hour/half an hour until bedtime?

Hi Tigger,

Congrats on the birth of your new arrival!!

I have a stroppy 13 year old girl and I insist that she goes to bed at 10pm during the week when she has school the next day. I am in Scotland and our schools went back on the 16th August so we are getting to the point of her pushing it. She sits on MSN or on her phone and she will wait until I remind her that its bedtime. She started to say things like "yeah in a minute" and 10 minutes later she'd still be sitting there if I didn't get on at her! On a Friday and Saturday I don't bother about bedtime really.

The thing that annoys me is that she will push at the time she needs to come home if she is out during the week. I say 9pm and she'll argue 9.30pm etc etc!

I dont have a routine and usually my 13yr old goes to bed off his own accord by 10ish! But i just dont give him the option if i want him to go!

I think I am pretty strict, but also know that my boys need their sleep or they will be so cranky. They are 15 and 17. They go up at 9, as we want some peace and quiet. I want the youngest one to have his lights out at 10, the oldest one I do not mind so much, but defo by the time I go to bed. He is quite good about it and usually goes to sleep around 10-10.30.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->