13 yr old not gaining weight

pj67

Reaction score
Hi. I just weighed my 13 yr old son and noticed that he hasn't put on weight in the past 6 months. He has therefore gone from the 75th centile to just over the 50th in his book. He eats loads and is very active, should I be concerned?
Thanks

I have a 12 year old son and he was around 125 pounds 6 months ago, but started to be a conscious of his weight so he ate less and is now down to 120. I think as long as they are eating well we shouldn't be worried. Specially since you mentioned your son maintains a very active lifestyle.

As long as he eats enough and is healthy... there is no reason to worry. I stopped gaining weight when I was 14 and still weighed 45kg's when I turned 20.

Sometimes the body just don't absorb everything that is taken in.

As long as he is eating well then i wouldn't worry about it. Likelyhood is that over a longer period of time he will either just maintain his weight or put on again.

I would stop weighing your son, hes hit puberty his weight will fluctuate and weighing him and worrying about the results? Won't produce a good body image.

So long as he is happy healthy and eating then I wouldnt worry to much about, 6 months is not a long period of time to not gain weight, my son has just turned six and is the average weight for a 4 year old he is small in height as well, but he is so active he plays sports 4 times a week then trains at home as well, he goes through phases of eating everything in sight or can go weeks with eating what looks like it couldnt sustain him but he always keeps going, the docs have given up on him now he has had every test you could think of and everything has come back clear, the official conclusion is he just a squirt, dunno why though neither me or his dad or small/skinny nor is anyone in the family, maybe they gave me the wrong one and someone wonders why they have a chubby tall child :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->