13dpo

squishmich

Reaction score
Ok so here's what is happening: I've got extremely sore boobs, I've been crampy on and off (sometimes painful twinges) for the past 4 days now, no spotting or anything. 3 tests all bfn. Damnit.

Do I continue waiting or should I just cave and try and get blood work done? I'm obsessed with peeing on sticks, how much more can I keep this up?! I have no idea when to expect my period as I've got PCOS and just finished my first round of Clomid.

I wanna keep testing but every negative is just....soul crushing, you know?

Anyone got any advice? Thoughts?

If you are 13 DPO you should get your period in the next few days since your luteal phase should stay relatively consistent.
I feel for you. Not knowing is the worst!! :wacko:
If you have an early response or 5 days sooner test (the ones that detect 20 miu) I think I would just keep testing with those. My doctor says that those tests actually pick up levels much lower (around 5-10) so a blood test won't do much more than that anyway. I have had a positive on one brand and a different brand (same miu) took a few more days to turn positive. Maybe try a different brand and see what happens?
Goodluck!! :flower:

Forgot to say, a huge percentage of women who are pregnant don't get a positive until AF is due which is still a day or two away for you. I know it feels like everybody else gets their bfp at 8-10 dpo but that's not actually the case. You aren't out yet by any means. :thumbup:

Forgot to say, a huge percentage of women who are pregnant don't get a positive until AF is due which is still a day or two away for you. I know it feels like everybody else gets their bfp at 8-10 dpo but that's not actually the case. You aren't out yet by any means. :thumbup:

Here I am thinking, how is everyone else getting results days 8-10dpo and I'm stuck at day 13 with negatives?! Either my body hates me or a lot of other women get lucky with super babies.

The tests I've been using are the just the cheapies from Walmart/Dollarstore. Nothing special! I guess I could always invest in a few of the better ones and see what happens there.

Trouble is, not sure if AF is going to show or not. Some people think me lucky, but I never really experienced PMS symptoms so I don't really know what to expect!

Gaaaaaaah I absolutely hate this waiting. Thanks for your support!

I'm not sure how so many ladies get these super early bfps? :shrug: I've got to think that many of them are wrong about their ovulation date. If you look on the website for FRER they have a study where women used a test everyday and majority of women got their bfps on 14 DPO.

My periods stopped a couple years ago. I have them back now but I understand how it's NOT a lucky thing. It makes you feel like your body isn't working properly. And I guess it really isn't!

If you ovulated then you should get a period, right? You may go several months without ovulating and so then without a period but once your body releases an egg it needs to finish the cycle with building up a lining and shedding it. Are you sure you ovulated?

I've actually had better luck in the past with dollar store and wal mart tests. FRER have taken a day or two longer to turn positive for me when I was pregnant. Every woman is different and seem to respond to different tests. weird.

hang in there! WAiting is awful. I'm 12 dpo myself right now and testing bfn.

I'm not sure how so many ladies get these super early bfps? :shrug: I've got to think that many of them are wrong about their ovulation date. If you look on the website for FRER they have a study where women used a test everyday and majority of women got their bfps on 14 DPO.

My periods stopped a couple years ago. I have them back now but I understand how it's NOT a lucky thing. It makes you feel like your body isn't working properly. And I guess it really isn't!

If you ovulated then you should get a period, right? You may go several months without ovulating and so then without a period but once your body releases an egg it needs to finish the cycle with building up a lining and shedding it. Are you sure you ovulated?

I've actually had better luck in the past with dollar store and wal mart tests. FRER have taken a day or two longer to turn positive for me when I was pregnant. Every woman is different and seem to respond to different tests. weird.

hang in there! WAiting is awful. I'm 12 dpo myself right now and testing bfn.

Do you have PCOS?

I'm thinking I did ovulate but I can't be 100% certain. They had me do a dose of Progesterone to force a period, then take the Clomid. I did use ovulation tests which indicated a surge over a couple days so here's hoping....

I bought an expensive test from Walmart and some more cheapies from the Dollarstore. You going to be testing again anytime soon? I got my fingers crossed for you!!!

Too bad our bodies don't want to co-operate like the textbooks tell us.

I need to invest in a time machine and skip the waiting. Blaaaaah it's hard to remain hopeful, you know? Plus it doesn't help that hubby is away for six weeks in another province for work. Booooooooo. :growlmad:

I can sympathize with the waiting and with hubby being gone. Mine is gone for work too. He travels a lot. I do have my 3 year old to keep me company. She is also keeping me busy picking up toys and potty messes :haha:

I don't have PCOS. I have DOR-diminished ovarian reserve. Basically I'm in my 30s but my ovaries think they are about 45.

For future cycles, you can have your blood drawn 7 days after you think you ovulate and your progesterone level will tell you if you actually did ovulate.

I tested again today and bfn. I usually test everyday after about 10 dpo. No wonder I use the cheap tests right?? I hope we both get a positive test very soon!!!

Today is 16dpo. So far the past two days has yielded two bfn. Still got cramping and sore boobs; although the ache in boobs has lessened slightly. Tonight, there was a small spot of brown when wiped. It was stretchy and not watery so I don't know if this is AF or something else.

I'm planning on testing tomorrow and everyday onwards as long as I don't start to bleed.

God I hope AF doesn't show. I seriously cannot handle another disappointment; especially since the hubby is no where near home at the moment. It's not like we can just try again in a few weeks....he's not home for another 5 weeks and I'll probably have to wait at least 2 cycles before we can BD again. :cry:

our bodies can be so hard to read and its frustrating!

I'm sorry you aren't getting an answer. I know when I get to the end of my cycle I get the attitude of just start bleeding already so I don't have to wonder. I've been trying a long time and it's hard to be too optimistic that this cycle is different from the others.

Your discharge doesn't sound like AF to me :shrug: Many women do spot or bleed slightly when pregnant right at the time AF would be due.

I'm 13 dpo and still testing bfn. I have a lot of symptoms but I do get symptoms sometimes in the tww anyhow (food aversions, queasy, hot flashes, mood swings). You know, I just all roses and sunshine these days :rofl:

I hope we both just have late-arriving bfps!!!

I thought AF was on her way, but it never arrived. On Father's Day I did more testing, and......BFP! 4 tests showed positive! I called hubby with the great news!

Here's hoping you're not too far behind with your BFP!!

Wow I was reading through this post, I'm so happy for you, what a great end to the story! :)

Huge congratulations!! This wasn't my month but maybe soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->