13months+ Idea's to go with veg!

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
So i still like to cook maddi's food in batches and freeze, but i think she's finally getting fed up of one of her old favourites - carrot, parsnip and sweet potato mash!

so i am looking for idea's on how i can liven up her veg? the only thing i thought was to mix them with a cheese sauce, and i also have turned them into a chicken stew!

thank you in advance :D

i saw these recipes on tesco dont know if these are any good?

https://www.tesco.com/babyclub/recipes/result.page?Ntt=&N=36 40&Ntk=&Nty=&Ntx=&No=10

i cook the kids veg in different ways... grill them/mash them/steam them. i also mix them with cheese sauce and pasta. the kids love pasta salad with cucumber/pepper/sweetcorn in it.

you can add chicken or meat, add it to noodles, make it into a casserole

maybe add some little pasta bows or fusilli to her veg and some pieces of chicken and make a little pasta bake?

x

all fab idea's ladies, thank you :thumbup: and tezzy - i never thought of pasta salad :dohh: will try that this week as well! thank you guys! i think i finally realised they were to bland for her today when i turned my back and saw her picking them off her tongue :blush:

aw bless her!

pasta salad is sooo easy to make just mix cold pasta with light mayo or another dressing like garlic and herb/tomato, add cucumber,pepper,sweetcorn,carrot.. whatever is in the fridge really.. oh and grated cheese :thumbup: you can even add chicken if youve got some

sounds fab tezzy :thumbup: and yummy! my dad loves this, but i didn't think of doing it for maddi :dohh: silly really as she loves pasta and can't have potato x

I dice them and toss with olive oil and some rosemary and then roast them in the oven (on a hot setting) for around half an our. I put in potatoes, courgette, eggplant, sweet potato, tofu cubes, carrots, onions, pumpkin etc. etc.
Sweet potato and pumpkin are great roasted with some cinnamon, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->