13yr old - Mood Swings! Argghh!!

Jims_Girl

Mum of Two~Teen&Baby
Reaction score
My daughter has been driving me mad! Her moods can switch without notice within seconds!
Whenever she's being "hormonal" I make a point of telling her she is behaving inappropriatly and go and count to ten.... Sometimes it works but sometimes it just winds her up even more!
Tonight she has come to me and told me she doesn't like being like this but she can't stop herself. She asked me what can she do to be more like her pleasant self and not the evil chipmunk who looks like her!
I was thinking maybe agnus castus would help??
Has anyone used them and did they help with PMS?

Poor thing. :nope:

I remember as a preteen/teen being like this as well. I was the sweetest thing, but could be horrendous in a second. And I hated that part of me and never understood why I was like that. it ended up causing me to be very depressed.... Because it riled my mom up and she would often call me some horrible names and it only made things worse. I felt hated, and I hated myself.

I don't even know what you can do, because nothing seemed to help me. And the more my mom got mad with me and called me names, the more angry and hormonal I ended up becoming.

All I can say is try and support her and give her as much love as you can. It's tough, because you want to fix the problem... And in all honesty... I'm not so sure it can be fixed, nut deffinately reduced by being understanding and listening to what she has to say or her likes and dislikes.

Hope it gets easier for the both of you!

if it's a PMS thing, i found drinking raspberry leaf tea vastly helpful for all of my PMS symptoms

I have a 14 year old boy that is exactly the same, he is very, very moody but he has said on several occasions that he doesnt know why and he cant help it :(

I have 4 children... Ages 15, 14, 12, and 2 weeks shy of 11. My youngest has come to me and said similar things. I can tell you, b/c of the older ones, it does get better, once everything levels out in her hormonally. Personally, I wouldn't give her any supplements that affect hormones, even though it's a "natural remedy." I just think it's too risky while their body is still growing and trying to develop. And we don't REALLY know what affect it will have later on...there's not much research to support it for adults, and none that shows how it affects kids going through puberty. I'm not against natural remedies at all...tried plenty of them myself. I'd just think it through carefully before giving it to my daughter while her body is still trying to work out whats going to be normal for her. I would though, make sure she's always getting plenty of sleep (makes a world of difference), and eating healthy... Lots of greens and fresh fruits. In any case, lots of hugs and tenderness and patience thrown your way, as I know what you're going through :hugs: and there is a light at the end of the tunnel!! :winkwink:

I have 4 children... Ages 15, 14, 12, and 2 weeks shy of 11. My youngest has come to me and said similar things. I can tell you, b/c of the older ones, it does get better, once everything levels out in her hormonally. Personally, I wouldn't give her any supplements that affect hormones, even though it's a "natural remedy." I just think it's too risky while their body is still growing and trying to develop. And we don't REALLY know what affect it will have later on...there's not much research to support it for adults, and none that shows how it affects kids going through puberty. I'm not against natural remedies at all...tried plenty of them myself. I'd just think it through carefully before giving it to my daughter while her body is still trying to work out whats going to be normal for her. I would though, make sure she's always getting plenty of sleep (makes a world of difference), and eating healthy... Lots of greens and fresh fruits. In any case, lots of hugs and tenderness and patience thrown your way, as I know what you're going through :hugs: and there is a light at the end of the tunnel!! :winkwink:

We are 6 siblings. 4 girls. I remember my moody teen years and not understanding why I was feeling what I was feeling (same situation). I really like pk2of8's advice. My best advice (having just experienced this with my 14 yr old youngest sister), is just recognize that it is her hormones (gives you a little more patience) and just try to be understanding and extra forgiving of her actions when she is in her extremes. As I lived with my sister (10 yr age difference) and would remember back to how I was in the 8th grade I suddenly could understand her and deal with her and her moods. And they do grow out of it. It's just life. Eventually the hormones balance out and they do to. You got it. Just love her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->