14 week old feeding every 2 hours in the night

ladders

Reaction score
Hi ladies
looking for some advice, my dd used to feed at nine and then sleep till one feed, sleep till 4, feed and then finally wake up at 6.30. Two weeks ago we started a bedtime routine which is going really well and aim to have her in bed by 7.30pm. However she refuses to feed at this time when she always did before and then is waking every 2 hours for a feed. She's definitely hungry because she drains the boob and then falls back sleep straight away. At first I thought it was a growth spurt but it's been nearly 2 weeks and it's still happening. Why do you think this is, I feel like if I got her to feed at seven then she'd last longer but she cries if I put her to the boob. Im not trying to get her to sleep longer if it's detrimental to her but just don't want her getting into bad habits.
Thanks

I've found the same to be true with my LO. I think his natural bedtime is around 9-10pm at the moment. If I manage to get him down earlier he'll feed much more overnight whereas if I keep him up and feed him just before he falls asleep around 9pm he'll sleep for 5 hours or so in a block.

I'm sure his bedtime will move earlier on its own as he gets older so for the minute I'm just letting him stay up so I get the longer stretch of sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->