15 week old inconsistent bedtime

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
When my ds was 12 weeks old he had an 8pm bedtime. He was ff.

My dd was getting predictable. She was asleep around 930 then ot crept forward but I am struggling to set up a routine.

Eg 3 nights ago she went to bed at 7. Slept until 5, fed and back to sleep until 7ish.

2 nights ago she went to bed at 6pm until 12am (with 930pm dreamfeed) then 4am and woke about 7ish..

Last night she didn't fall asleep until 9pm, woke up at mmidnight, 230 & 430 then up around 7ish.

Tonight she fell asleep at 650 then woke at 730 until 845.

I bath her at 6pmish with her older brother (22m) & he is in bed about 630/645. I'd like to be able to get her down straight after.

When will her bedtime become more consistent or should I just feed and settle her down at 7 even if she isn't asleep?

I think that all babies are different and even though your son started sleeping through at a certain age doesn't mean your daughter will. You can try feeding her and settling her at 7 for a few days and see if it works, but in my experience you can't make an unsleepy baby go to sleep, lol.

My sister had a son and a daughter that she raised/fed exactly the same and her son had a routine and sttn really early but her daughter didn't really get into one (my sister tried everything!) until almost 3.

I never attempted a routine that early (I fed on demand and co-slept after 4 months) but there was no reason for me to, but when this next baby comes I am sure a routine would be very helpful!

Good luck and hopefully someone else has better advice. :)

She is only 3 and a half months old - Be patient. Most babies (regardless of the BS you read) aren't ready for a set routine or STTN until much older. Just when you think you have it sussed they like to shake it up a little! My LO's sleeping pattern (after 7pm) has been:

Newborn
Cluster feed & Nap 7pm-12am
Bed 12am
Feed 2am
Feed 5am
Feed 8am
Up 10am

8 Weeks - YAY
Bath 7pm
Feed 7:30pm
Feed 8:30pm
Feed 10pm
Bed 11pm
Feed 2am
Feed 6am
Up 9/10am

13 Weeks Onwards - BOO!
Bath 7pm
Feed 7:30pm
Nap 8pm-9pm
Feed & Play 9pm-10:30pm
Bed 10:30pm
Feed Midnight
Feed 1:30am
Feed 2:30am
Feed 4am
Feed 5:30am
Feed 6:15am
Feed 7:30am
Up 10am

I can understand the frustration though as my eldest STTN from 5/6 weeks so I kinda expected the same! Take a look at the link below - I found it useful.

ISIS ONLINE

Oh my son didn't sttn until 9m so I don't care about that. In fact I love night feeds as they are snuggly.

Glad no need to be worried re bedtime :)

My 14 week old is the same. His bedtime is anywhere from 9-11. Then he will sleep anywhere from 4 hours to 8 hours without a feed. Granted the 8 hour stretch only happened one time, haha. So I guess this inconsistent bedtime and night wakings are normal based on PP's responses? I have been trying to figure out why some nights he can sleep for long periods of time and others he cannot, but I have not seen a pattern. Have you?

My ds didn't have a routine/set bed time until a lot later on.
He's not always consistent now, it's much easier to go with the flow.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"