15 weeks old and still not grabbing for things that well?

minties

Complete
Reaction score
I'm sure she's still within the realm of normal, I'm just paranoid and checking!

So Thomas first noticed his hands at 6 weeks, and was using them to slowly come together and grasp something then bring it to his mouth at 9 weeks. Sophie was about 11 weeks.

Emma is 15 weeks old now and while she is doing this, she still seems like she really struggles an doesn't enjoy it as much as my other kids? She's obsessed with her hands and has no trouble finding them and jamming them in her mouth and then sucking on them (or yelling at them haha). I just feel like her co-ordination and skills aren't very good for her age.

She's rolling to her side and trying to roll over but hasn't yet. She smiles heaps and laughs a LOT, she's really happy and does enjoy playing.

According to the wonder weeks they get better at grabbing things around the 19th week. Rowan is 13 weeks and still misses a lot too. Give it a few weeks. Your other babies may have just been more interested in learning that skill, they all have different interests and develop differently. It can be hard not to compare though I do it too! 9 weeks is very early to learn that!

That's true! I think my first being so quick to do things has made me assume that's normal. He was cruising by 6 months! Sophie hadn't even rolled over at that age.

I thought I read somewhere that babies should be good at this by 12 weeks but I mus be remembering incorrectly.

Holly was close to 5 months old before she started grabbing things. And rolling over came at around 7.5 months!

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a6578/developmental-milestones-grasping

According to that link:

"Three months to four months

Your baby's hand-eye coordination is starting to develop. She'll notice toys she'd like to hold, and she'll attempt to pick them up. She may not be able to grasp them, so she'll just bat at them. If you put something in her hand, such as a rattle, she may be able to hold it for a few seconds. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->