17+4 still no kicks! :(

emicakess

Reaction score
I know it'll happen, and then it will be constant for the next few months so i just need to be patient! I just was hoping I would feel some pops or flutters by now, with this being my second. I felt my daughter right at exactly 18 weeks.
It always makes me worry a little, but the heart rate at my appointment (16+5) was 140 so I think everything is going well

Did they tell you where your placenta is? With my anterior placenta I didn't feel anything until well into the 20th week and nothing consistent until 25 weeks or so.

I have my ultrasound May 31st, so not for a few weeks! Can they tell without an ultrasound?

I'm only 15 weeks but am starting to feel this way too, this is my 4th tho. Starting to think I must have an anterior placenta.

The kids r so lovely and the reasurrance they bring is priceless too xx

I felt my first at 16+5 and this one at 14 weeks. But every pregnancy is different. And maybe your lil one is giving you the noticeable kicks when your sleeping etc.

I felt my DS at 15 weeks, this time I've felt very random and subtle movements until 19+ weeks, but this time I have an anterior placenta which we discovered at a scan.

Give it until 20 weeks and I'm sure by then you'll feel something. It's hard to wait though!

It may be where your placenta is , I felt my first pretty early then I had an anterior placenta with my second and didn't feel him until about 20 weeks!

I had an anterior placenta both pregnancies, and with both started to feel around 20w... movements have never been regular with it!

I asked my doc yesterday and she also said to wait until 20weeks ... I feel flutters or rolls now but nothing huge

I have an anterior placenta and am going on 22 weeks with barely anything happening.

I had the same thing last time!

Yes the tech can let you know if you have a anterior placenta I had one my first pregnacy and didn't feel movements til 20 weeks or later I'm 14 weeks this week and have yet to feel anything and I do not have a anterior placenta it varies woman to woman though

I'm 17 and 3 today, and have felt baby move once. And now I'm starting to think it was gas lol! I do have an anterior placenta though.

Anterior placenta here this time too. I didn't start getting really recognizable kicks until late in week 18 and even then I would go a few days between with nothing. Like the other ladies said, try not to worry and give it a little more time. :hugs:

I've a antieror placenta and only feel movement occasionally when laid on my side

I'm 19 weeks and 1 day pregnant and I haven't really felt any kicks either. I'm anxious though.. and waiting lol

I'm 16+2 with my second and expected to have felt something by now, but I haven't. I've heard the heartbeat and know things are ok in there, but still worrying waiting for those kicks.

I'm 15 -1 with my second and have felt small flutters extremely randomly very low down but nothing more. I don't even really have a huge bump this time yet like I did with my first. I think baby is laying far back!

Now 18+4 and still nothing, boooo! Scan is in 15 days! But whose counting lol ;)

Try not to worry (easier said than done!) but I got myself into quite a stress when I wasn't feeling any movement on the run up to my 20 week scan. During the scan the baby was doing all sorts of dance moves, kicks and flips and DH said to me 'can you really not feel that?!' but I really couldn't! I'm 21+4 now and have only been feeling movement for the last few days. It's getting more often and a bit stronger day by day. I don't have an anterior placenta and I'm a slim build with no belly fat, and my bump is really big so I read that I should be starting to feel movement between 16-18 weeks and panicked when I didn't. But every pregnancy is different & the mid wife and scan tech both told me that 20 weeks is still early for a lot of people to feel anything. We still can't feel anything from the outside, so DH is feeling left out when I tell him baby is on the move!

Try not to worry (easier said than done!) but I got myself into quite a stress when I wasn't feeling any movement on the run up to my 20 week scan. During the scan the baby was doing all sorts of dance moves, kicks and flips and DH said to me 'can you really not feel that?!' but I really couldn't! I'm 21+4 now and have only been feeling movement for the last few days. It's getting more often and a bit stronger day by day. I don't have an anterior placenta and I'm a slim build with no belly fat, and my bump is really big so I read that I should be starting to feel movement between 16-18 weeks and panicked when I didn't. But every pregnancy is different & the mid wife and scan tech both told me that 20 weeks is still early for a lot of people to feel anything. We still can't feel anything from the outside, so DH is feeling left out when I tell him baby is on the move!

This is very reassuring thank you!! I am generally not very worried, but then once I really think about it I start getting worried. So I try not to think on it too much! I just imagine the baby rolling around in there.. Its so crazy we cant feel it even though the babies are having a dance party haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->