17 month old boob monster!

EcoMama

Reaction score
She is crazy over boob any chance she gets! As soon as I sit down she takes it as an invitation to climb up and feed!

But she's not gentle about it! She claws at my top and if I refuse then she screams and cries!

If I do let her feed (which is everytime) she has to play with my other nipple and it hurts! She keeps feeding when there's nothing there, and that hurts too!

What can I do?!

Are you asking how to wean her? Or how to get her to be gentle?

Weaning: Put sticking plasters (Band-Aids..or whatever they call them where you are from) over your nipples and when she lifts your top, you say "Oh no, they're broken!". And don't give in...ever!

To be gentle: I don't know - you tell me if you figure it out, :winkwink:

I think more being gentle and not feeding as much really :/

We go through phases of her not feeding at night but over the last 2 weeks she has been feeding loads at night, I try and sooth her in other ways 1st but she gets hysterical so I give in :wacko:
During the day her feeding has picked up too, to the point were I avoid sitting down as I know she'll see it as an invitation!.... It would be nice for her to just cut down slowly, to maybe before nap/bedtime/morning/soothing when hurt feeds but it's so hard as she is so grabby when I refuse!

Thanks for your reply btw :hugs:.... I should say that my oh works away so I am alone with dd alot so I can't pass her to someone else when she starts trying to feed.

I enjoy the idea of feeding her, and letting her decide when to wean herself (this is what I did with ds, but her weaned himself at 15 months and was never as in to it as dd is, he could always take it or leave it!)... But the reality is painful and draining!

I think she's old enough to be gently told that she can feed but NOT if she hurts you. Remove her fiddling hand and say "Please don't do that it hurts Mummy!" Then stroke her hand or kiss it or give her a stuffed toy, soft brush, taggy cloth, whatever texture you think she'll find soothing.

Also, to avoid nursing, you may be avoiding opportunities for cuddles, paradoxically increasing her need to feed to get that physical touch. Maybe increasing the hugs you give while she's playing on the floor, or standing up, would reassure her enough to not need boob every time you sit down?

Thanks noonchild... Will give those tips a go :)

Particularly like the idea of giving her something else to play with when feeding :)

... like the idea of giving her something else to play with when feeding :)

My LO resisted this till she was about 14months but then it became really useful because the toy she used to stroke and fiddle with during feeds went to bed with her and eased the transitions from falling to sleep with boob and falling asleep without boob later down the line.

I limit my 16 month old's nursing, it seems to help to keep him busy and if he asks I tell him he can have some at nap time/bedtime. I do still let him if he's really upset or has hurt himself but IG I let him every time he asked it's all we would be doing :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->