18 weeks but hardly showing.

Terrapinface

3rd Trimester - Pink Team
Reaction score
I'm 18 weeks and 1 day but hardly showing. I'm quite slim and of average height but classed as underweight by my doctor. Is everyone different to when they start showing?

Everyone is very different hunnie, I didnt show til around 25 weeks and I'm 8 stone x

Hun I didn't start showing until I was 7 months! :haha: Even when I was 8mos, everyone thought I was around 4-5 mos along. If your doctor is not concerned, I wouldn't be worried.

I was still wearing my size 8 dress at a work Xmas do at 17 weeks pregnant! Wasn't showing a bit, in fact people who didn't know I was expecting asked if I'd lost weight!!!

i didn't show till around 6 months hun & my friend is now 6 months gone & still isnt showing so everyone is different :) xx

I didnt have a bump till about 25weeks with my first. My neighbor didnt even notice I was pregnant till 32 weeks with my second!

Thanks for all your replies! I just look like I've eaten a bit too much and can't wait to actually look pregnant! I've been stopped by a neighbour in the street saying I look like I've lost weight and need a good meal inside of me but to me, I have a small belly that just looks 'fat' :/.

With my first I remember worrying because I was 20 weeks and barely showing but I got there in the end, I think I was 6 months before I had a noticeably pregnant belly. I started showing much quicker with my second pregnancy.

Okayy. My doctor isn't concerned well at least I don't think he is. I am seeing him tomorrow afternoon though so I'm sure he'll let me know. Thank you everyone xx

i thinks it down to your stomach muscles. ive got a high BMI but i looked very pregnant at 24 weeks plus (very round bump sticking out lol) but my friend who is underweight didnt get a bump till 32 weeks! for her it literally just popped out overnight! also it depends how baby is positioned, if baby is nearer to your back or in a funny position you will look small.
if your doctor isnt worried and the HB/scans are good then dont worry :) xxx

I was around 6 months byt the time I started showing properly! I am very tall and was slim at the time so I guess he had lots of room! He ended up weighing 8lb 9oz so that was a suprise.

One day you will just pop out and from 6-9 months was when most of the growing happened for me so maybe be the same for you. Still plenty of time left.

Didnt even no.preg till.18+6 haha

Bump at 28wk i wasnt underweight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"