• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

1st day of insemination went bad...What about soft cups?

e24

Reaction score
So monday the 12th we did our very 1st artificial insemination. Our donor went into the bathroom and did his business. It wasn't much to work with but it was enough. When I went to insert the sperm verrrryyy slowly and removed the syringe the sperm began to come out very fast I was really nervous because it seemed as though all of it came out. I did make her have elevate her legs and have an orgasm anyway but I feel like none of the sperm made it in. Today or tonight we are going to try the instead softcup. Are these any good? What are my chances? My partner's OPK has been positive yesterday and today.

I'm not working with a donor but I used soft cups for 4 months with no success. There are a lot of women on here who have had success with them though. Also, how soon after you put the syringe in did it leak out? There will always be semen that leaks out no matter how long you lay there. The sperm reach their destination within 5-10 minutes but even with a minute or so, a lot of sperm will already be in the CM and on it's way to their destination.

I know of someone who used softcups to insert donor sperm and fell pregnant first time. Good luck and baby dust to you both x

We used Instead softcups and I got pregnant the first time!

We had our donor ejaculate into the instead softcup, then we let it liquefy for about ten minutes. I just let the cup rest on my stomach to help it along. I used concieve+ to lube up the softcup, and used an internal fertility lubricant, zestica (comes in an applicator). Then we drew up as much sperm as we could (there was about 3ml) into a 10 ml syringe and my partner inseminated slowly. Then put the softcup in to keep everything in place. Then I went about my business and took it out in the morning.
There was a fair bit of liquid in the cup in the morning, but I've read that's normal- and a lot of mine was cervical mucus too....

the first time was a bit weird because we were both so nervous (giggly nervous), even though we had practiced - we didn't know where to put anything, nearly lost the sample on the carpet a few times- just ridiculous- not to mention laughing at the fact we were seeing semen for the first time... then when it came time to inseminate my partner accidentally pushed the syringe a bit prematurely and it was on my leg- we both just ended up laughing like crazy, and vowed that the next time we would get ourselves together and at the very least this was our practice run...
I guess I'm saying don't worry if it all doesn't go perfectly to plan the first time, or even the second, just try to have fun and not stress out in the process

anyhow, we did that three times, - 2 high fertility days and 1 peak fertility. Then 9 days after ovulation, my pee stick showed pregnant... and now i'm nearly 9 weeks pregnant!

we also did some hypnotherapy and foot reflexology a week before we started our whole process- I just wanted to cover all the bases... lol.

good luck!!!

WE GOT PREGNANT THE FIRST TIME WITH practically 2 inseminations!!!

Then we drew up as much sperm as we could (there was about 3ml) into a 10 ml syringe and my partner inseminated slowly. Then put the softcup in to keep everything in place.

On our first run with softcups we contemplated how the transition from syringe insemination to softcup was possible without complete loss of product. So we opted to insert softcup with sperm already in and then proceeded to do a headstand.

How did you manage the transition of pulling out syringe and putting in softcup. Our history with the syringe always resulted in a backwash of sperm going down the backside.

We used Instead softcups and I got pregnant the first time!

We had our donor ejaculate into the instead softcup, then we let it liquefy for about ten minutes. I just let the cup rest on my stomach to help it along. I used concieve+ to lube up the softcup, and used an internal fertility lubricant, zestica (comes in an applicator). Then we drew up as much sperm as we could (there was about 3ml) into a 10 ml syringe and my partner inseminated slowly. Then put the softcup in to keep everything in place. Then I went about my business and took it out in the morning.
There was a fair bit of liquid in the cup in the morning, but I've read that's normal- and a lot of mine was cervical mucus too....

the first time was a bit weird because we were both so nervous (giggly nervous), even though we had practiced - we didn't know where to put anything, nearly lost the sample on the carpet a few times- just ridiculous- not to mention laughing at the fact we were seeing semen for the first time... then when it came time to inseminate my partner accidentally pushed the syringe a bit prematurely and it was on my leg- we both just ended up laughing like crazy, and vowed that the next time we would get ourselves together and at the very least this was our practice run...
I guess I'm saying don't worry if it all doesn't go perfectly to plan the first time, or even the second, just try to have fun and not stress out in the process

anyhow, we did that three times, - 2 high fertility days and 1 peak fertility. Then 9 days after ovulation, my pee stick showed pregnant... and now i'm nearly 9 weeks pregnant!

we also did some hypnotherapy and foot reflexology a week before we started our whole process- I just wanted to cover all the bases... lol.

good luck!!!

Hi Chearty, congrats! Im also trying home insemination but failed at the first time. So I wonder if you liquified the semen or just did it fresh, and did you inject the semen in vagina or in uterine? Many Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->