2.5 yr old and glasses.. advice needed ???

Ames

Mummy of 3 little men
Reaction score
Hey everyone..

Hope your all well.. I'm really hoping someone on here could offer me up some pearls of wisdom :winkwink:

my youngest son Evan (he's 2.5) was recently diagnosed as being very short sighted.. this didn't come as a shock as its pretty obvious when we're reading books together or watching movies.

My problem is as follows... We got the prescription for his glasses and went to go and have them made up.. here's where the trouble begins.. He wont even entertain the idea of putting them on his face :hissy:
We managed to break 4 pairs of frames in the opticians just trying to get them measured up for his little face.

He's had trouble with his speech also and this makes it difficult to explain to him whats happening.. hes petrified and gets very distressed whenever you try to get him to pop a pair on.

help??!! :cry:

it sounds kinda silly on paper (pc screen) but its really upsetting.. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

Hi hun, I'm an optician and used to love dispensing young kids!!

One of tricks that usually works best is getting their favourite teddy and trying the glasses on the bear! Even make some out of some card or get a cheap pair of kiddies sunspex for the bear to wear at home!!

Make sure the person dispensing and fitting the glasses for you is either an Optometrist or Dispensing Optician as legally only they can dispense under 16's!

I'm going out for a bit now.... but feel free to ask me anything and @I'll reply as soon as I can!

:hug:

thankyou... that does sound like a great idea...its just really distressing that something that seems so simple to me is so hard for him to understand.. makes me feel guilty.

Will let you know how I get on when I re-attempt the glasses shopping trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->