2 days late but negative?

Sunshinesd32

Reaction score
Hi all,

Warning: This is going to be long winded. I never know how to write anything without writing a novel :winkwink:.

So my husband and I are somewhere between NTNP and Waiting. The reason I say that lol, is because we always tell people that we're "waiting" for this or that or until my student loans are done. But privately we would be far from disappointed if it happened now. So we've kind of gotten to the point that we just decided that fate and nature will know the right time and we're just going to let nature take it's course. If it doesn't happen in a couple years then maybe we'll start actively trying in the future. That said, I do not test for ovulation and we do not have sex at certain times or "try" for anything other than having fun haha.

I did start tracking my periods a little more exactly about 2 months ago just to have a better understanding of my body though. I have always been very regular and very much the same - very strong cramps for about three hours and them bam - AF. I do have trouble pinpointing when they "end" though because I spot for a awhile after. I have a solid period for about 3-4 days and then very light for about 2-3.

So anyways. Here's the situation:

According to my tracker I should have ovulated around January 9th. But as I said, I don't actually test it so it could very well be a day or two off. My last period started on December 26th and "ended" on January 1st. We had sex (sorry - don't know the proper slang term for that one lol) on the 11th. Now, according to my tracker AF should have started on the 24th. Today's the 26th and still nothing. I took at test last night (Rexall brand 5 days sooner test) and very clearly negative.

The only reason I have to think anything is amiss is that 1) Like I said, usually I'm pretty regular. 2) I've felt a bit.. off the last week or so. My breasts aren't sore but they never are with my period either. I've been crampy in the lower abdomen (but I also have digestive issues so this isn't rare either). I've been super tired - like 3 cups of coffee barely touches it tired lol. And I've been feeling very sluggish, bleh, and somewhat nauseous in the afternoons. Again though, with my digestive issues that isn't always uncommon either.

Anyways. I guess what I'm trying to ask is what do you guys think? Any chance I could be pregnant? Or should I trust the test, forget about it, and patiently wait for AF to come when she's ready.

Oh and two other things. TMI Warning: I've been constipated (moreso than normal) and about a week I thought I had what was the start of a bladder infection but it went away easily with flushing it out.

Hello and welcome!

It is so hard for me to say...

Since this is your first and you aren't actively ttc, I would just wait it out. I know it is hard with your first when your anxious. To be honest with my first I had no symptoms until 6 weeks so I don't tend to listen to the early on symptom stuff (I know everyone is different)

I would say wait a few days and test. If you don't get your period in a week maybe go visit a doctor.

Keep us posted

Thanks :)! It's kind of one of those things that yeah, I'm kind of excited, but since we're not actively ttc I wouldn't be super disappointed either. It's more like I just want to know what's going on with my body you know?

Oh I totally feel you. At the end of December I had a "yes" positive on a digital test then all negatives after. Didn't get my period until over a week later. It was driving me nuts not knowing.

Best thing to do is just wait. Whatever happens, will happen. I drove myself absolutely nutty my entire first pregnancy. I realized its best to just relax about everything, as hard as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->