2 hours and counting fussing at latch. ...

supertabby

Reaction score
We've been up 2 hours, he's had a good feed from both sides. He's still fussing to eat but won't latch. Have been swapping sides, burped, clean nappy, changed positions, tried just cuddling, dummy isn't making him happy, I'm at a loss! :(

Have you tried carrying him on your shoulder and walk around? Sometimes that really helps with windy babies.

I've had some nights like that, I tend to find putting a pillow on my lap, sitting him on it facing me with his legs dangling down past the pillow to make him comfortable (although he is a very tall baby), then I lean forward with his head by my shoulder and rocking side to side shushing helps him to get to sleep.

It is probably a very individual method that may well not work for you but thought I'd pass it on as when you can't do anything it is horrible x

And I pat or rub his back at the same time!

I've had this a few times and just found that he's overtired. I've found putting the boob away and just cuddling him in works eventually. Even better is passing him to oh as he doesn't try to feed there if he's not hungry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->