2 month old feeding less? Anyone experience this?

Calif

Baby was born 6/2013!
Reaction score
He is still gaining but he eats less. Less frequent AND takes only 1 breast each feed instead of 2. He is getting less milk per day than before. I've been pumping a little to relieve pressure but I've had a couple of blocked ducts and its been stressful.

Anyone else experience this? Is this temporary and I should keep my supply up by pumping? Or should I keep letting my supply decrease?

It's lasted about 10 days now.

I guess no one experienced this? :(

Weighed him and he is gaining fine. But what's going on? He just woke from a 3 hour nap not hungry and afterwards played for an hour without wanting to eat.

He just went 5 hours without eating and not wanting to feed. Last night he was hungry and I was happy but is he backwards now? Only wants to eat at night and play during the day?

Snap! My little one will be 9 weeks on monday and he has also moved to one side per feed and seems to take less than before. He still seems happy between feeds and will finish and refuse more after just one side. Sometimes he will take a small amount from the second side, but never much.

I find as well that he feeds 3 hourly at night but then does a 4+ hour stretch in the morning, which is frustrating as I'd rather he did that in the night!

How many feeds is your LO having per day?

I asked a health visitor about it and they said just to go with what he wants and that have confidence that he will take what he needs. X

How do you know he's taking less than before by the way? Could it be he is getting the same amount but just from one side?

Snap! My little one will be 9 weeks on monday and he has also moved to one side per feed and seems to take less than before. He still seems happy between feeds and will finish and refuse more after just one side. Sometimes he will take a small amount from the second side, but never much.

I find as well that he feeds 3 hourly at night but then does a 4+ hour stretch in the morning, which is frustrating as I'd rather he did that in the night!

How many feeds is your LO having per day?

I asked a health visitor about it and they said just to go with what he wants and that have confidence that he will take what he needs. X

How do you know he's taking less than before by the way? Could it be he is getting the same amount but just from one side?

He ate only 4 times during the day, 1 side each time, and 6 times at night.

I think he's getting less because I feel so engorged, and have to pump to relieve engorgement. When I pump I don't get that much, as usual. I tried only pumping a tiny bit to not increase my supply. And after 4 hours he has no interest in eating! He used to wake up crying and now he wakes up eating his fist and happy.

I want to add that he used to eat 10-12 times in a 24 hr period, BOTH sides each time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->