2 very early miscarriages in 6 months, now TTC with Clomid + Ovidrel

Lucy28

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success with Clomid + Ovidrel after mc's? I am devastated and confused. We have had so many tests done, and everything comes back fine. I think my hormones may be to blame, as I always have a low body temperature and react very strongly to progesterone supplements (anxiety). I feel as though I am damaged in some way that they can't find, and I will never have a child. It feels very, very hopeless.

Sorry about your losses:hugs:

I haven't taken either drug so I can't help you there. Have you had your hormone levels checked since you are worried about that? I know you mentioned you had tests but you said everything came back normal so why do you suspect hormone issues?

:dust: for your TTC journey.

They never did check my hormone levels. I had a high ANA, but then it was negative the next time they tested, so they said I don't have lupus or any other kind of auto immune disorder. I am seeing a reproductive endocrinologist now and he says that if my prog. levels are the problem, the clomid plus ovidrel should help. He seems to know what he is doing, but in all honesty I wish something from a test would come back "wrong" so I had a reason for these losses.

Thanks for the hugs :)

Just a story of hope from my sister...she had a long journey and all tests for her and her OH came back fine. Basically there was no reason for her not to get pregnant but she wasn't and it was going on 2 years. Finally they thought maybe she had low-level endo because she had some spotting issues (she thought it might have been low progesterone but her levels came back perfect) and was scheduled for a lap and dye BUT one week before the surgery got a BFP!!!...Keep trying and try to trust the doctors and get advice from ladies on here as well.

I would get your progesterone levels checked if you can.

The first round worked! BFP at 10 dpo and it is getting darker everyday!! I am scared to death now..

Lucy28 - I could have written your post. In terms of early loss an anxiety. I had 4 last year. My DH has abnormal sprem morphology which they have said could be an issue, but I think it is my anxiety too. One thing you could ask them about is cortisol levels. Cortisol is what gets released in anxiety, and makes you feel yucky, but it is released in large quantities in early pregnancy to subdue the immune system so it doesn't attack the bean. I didn't test with abnormally high cortisol but i wasn't having anxiety attacks or high anxiety when they took my blood.l When I am early pregnant I feel my bidy just getting full of the stuff and my mind panics.

My dic said there is a steroid medication that can stop your body reducing cortisol but it does the same job. When i get my next bfp we will start it.

Not sure if the anxiety is caused by the idea of being pregnant or the pregnancy is making too much cortisol which make me feel yucky. Anyway, very high cortisol levels have been linked to recurrent early m/c (before 6 weeks.

Just thought I would share what i have learned on my own journey.

Blessings to you and hoping this little bean sticks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->